Contribute
Register

Simple NVIDIA 4xx Install Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, "GraphicsEnabler=Yes". I am using Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r699.

Yesterday, all was fine. I did not change system settings since then. However I installed some tools and I updated Java via Apple Software Update.

Blutengel said:
Yes, "GraphicsEnabler=Yes". I am using Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r699.

Yesterday, all was fine. I did not change system settings since then. However I installed some tools and I updated Java via Apple Software Update.

it has happened to me a few times over the past week. a few restarts (3ish) fixed the problem.

I may have reran multibeast.

Feed back report:
it was since sometime I was left behind with the Hackintosh, since I swapped the GTS 250 for the better Fermi GTX460 Palit to be able to use FSX under Win7: for my works I have some Macs available; the SL 10.6.3 wasn't loading as we all know, and I was presented with the switch off screen only.
I waited for you guys to be my clearer (thanks to ALL & tony above all!) and yesterday I decided to give it a go:
First I installed an internal SATA blank HD, swapped the Graphic boards back to the GTS: everything was back there where I last have seen it: every time you switch boards under Windoz you will have to deal with all those new hardware found crap!

Used CarbonCopyCloner (a Great tool!) and backed up the whole thing.

Installed again MultiBeast Chameleon on the clone just to be sure it was booting by itself (sorry, I'm not sure if I used the latest or the previous version).

Booted from the Cloned disk still in 10.6.3 and using GTS just to be sure all was working as of old.
As I was finding a perfectly working system, I decided to install the 10.6.6 latest upgrade directly on the original disk (not the cloned booted) so to eliminate the < have to Restart> step, but in any case I left open the panel after it finished the upgrade (no Restart but just Close button) and installed the latest Chameleon through Multibeast; since I'm also running an OC mobo and Graphic Card, I decided to change from MacPro 3.1 to 5.1; deleted the NVEnabler from the Extras folder, installed tony's NVidia patch.
Shut down the whole thing.
Swapped Video Cards and installed the GTX460 1GB.
At Bios of course you have to remember to select the HD where you have installed the Chameleon loader as 1st boot HD.
It worked great and it's still running well and fast (no cinebench tests are needed at the moment! Very smooth and fast GUI for all apps as well; in System Profiler the board is recognized with full RAM QE etc; network, USB and Audio are all working. This last is still puzzling me, since I cannot see it in the System Profiler, but I can select the Output from the Preferences, but only the back ones, and no input. I'll delve into it later on, but if someone has a hint, TIA!
Great work Guys! and many thanks again...
Cheerio!

I hope that someone here can answer my questions, as a few of them have pretty much been ignored. I would really appreciate some help on this stuff, because I really want to get this working, but have not come anywhere close to being successful and feel like giving up on this whole project. :cry:

I have a Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R v2.0 MB with a GTS450 from PNY. I chose this because it appeared to be compatible in the WIKI. I am having nothing but issues getting this to recognize. Would it be best to use a DSDT or install with multibeast? When I try to install the tonymac nvidia driver it says that I cannot because I need to be running OSX 10.6.5 or later?? I have tried it the way that is listed here from a fresh install and every time that I do it says that I need to be running OSX 10.6.5 or later? I run the 10.6.6 update and do not restart, but I get that error. So I restart it and it has the update installed... STILL GET THAT MESSAGE!!?? This is beyond frustrating. I have not even attempted to get the other devices working because I am hitting a wall. :crazy: :banghead: I feel like I am missing something as to how to use multibeast, easybeast, or whatever. I think the work that people do here is awesome and would like to contribute to the community, but since I cannot even come close to getting this to work I cannot. Again sorry for the rant, but any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

So I started over again using an EasyBeast configuration and was able to get the Ethernet functional. I have "some" video functionality, but it does not recognize in the "about this Mac" section correctly (unknown nvidia card). I have not been able to the audio to work either? There are so many choices using EasyBeast :crazy: Also how do I know what configuration to use? i.e. MacPro 3.1, 4.1, etc?? I feel soooo close yet so far. Hopefully with some help from people here I can get completely going! :thumbup: I am just trying to get this running and feel so close! haha Thanks :wave:

HI, iam new here and i have questions :p

Ic have a gtx460, but no Graphics acceleration :(
In Photoshop the Zoom to zoomin/out, its very laggy.

Which Driver can i take ?

ps: sry for my english :p

Hey, do you have install the graphic enabler in multibeast and after that the tonymac nvidia update package?

If you have no freezing problems it runs better than my MSI 1GB N460GTX Cyclone OC ... :cry:

So far, graphics acceleration is not full supported yet, there are still some issues with the 4xx series of nvidia if i appreciate it right with my little hackintosh knowledge.

hey, i have tested with a ATI HD 4870, and its much better, fast and fine :) Open GL test is perfect.

Yesterday i have buy a HD 5870...

xkoy said:
hey, i have tested with a ATI HD 4870, and its much better, fast and fine :) Open GL test is perfect.

Yesterday i have buy a HD 5870...

I can´t by a HD 5870 yet, so could you plz be so kind and describe your install procedure for the MSI 460GTX Cyclon? THX!

after boot dvd, i installed 10.6.6 Combo update, no restart. Than Multibeast without any graphics driver, than Chameleon Rc5. Restart.

1 day with Nvidia Original Quadro Driver
and
1 day with Tonymacx86 NVIIDA Update

But it's little bit laggy with both Drivers, i mean there is NO Hardware Acceleration...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back