Contribute
Register

Simple NVIDIA 4xx Install Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
mds2004 said:
OK well Im seeing these freezing issues. Once I open up starcraft it freezes. Right now I am on Tonys drivers. Anything else I can try besides trying Nvidia's?

I am having same issues - Starcraft freeze as soon as login screen appears, while music is still playing.

karacho said:
m3tm4n said:
To run OSX I had to install a special Firmware for my Mainboard.
You just bootet an SL Retail DVD on your Asus P5QL-Pro without any Boot CD? That's impossible.

Apparently he nuked his BIOS with something else. I noticed he still runs a '35 board, and some strange things were done with those, so maybe si, maybe no, but it sounds interesting.

svakak said:
mds2004 said:
OK well Im seeing these freezing issues. Once I open up starcraft it freezes. Right now I am on Tonys drivers. Anything else I can try besides trying Nvidia's?

I am having same issues - Starcraft freeze as soon as login screen appears, while music is still playing.

have you tried lowering your graphic settings?

Peter R. said:
karacho said:
m3tm4n said:
To run OSX I had to install a special Firmware for my Mainboard.
You just bootet an SL Retail DVD on your Asus P5QL-Pro without any Boot CD? That's impossible.

Apparently he nuked his BIOS with something else. I noticed he still runs a '35 board, and some strange things were done with those, so maybe si, maybe no, but it sounds interesting.
I don't think so. Afaik there was only one project (the mac edition bios project on cartri.net). This project is closed and no longer exists due to copyright violations and that patched Bios wasn't for a 35' Board.

I use nvidia EVGA GTS 450 SC and take this guide its work fine.

No random freeze happen for ever

Thank you Tony

Moin,

thanks for the nice driver support!

i have still a little question. is the driver supporting the Physix and Cuda support for the Dforce 465 GTX?

best
ben

I must ask again:
Is there any kind of options i can try more apart from installing tonymacs nvidia update to get my MSI Cyclon 460GTX running? Booting is working with no problems, but still the known freezing problem.

So on the projectx86 site are some 480GTX Cards with the Option "GraphicsEnabler=Yes " and running ootb... is this a 460GTX Problem only?

Mac OSX 10.6.7 will come with new Display Drivers and new Mac Book Pros are coming soon too(most likely with Nvidia 4xx inside), do you think i should wait or better sell my card? I know, no one is a seer here, but i am still a newbie with hackintosh and i think advanced user can perhaps give a better estimation if there come a better solution soon?!

So long my 8800gt is the better option but its pain to see the price of my graphiccard decline and i can´t use it :(

Thanks for any feedback and excuse my english...

silencerdeluxe said:
I must ask again:
Is there any kind of options i can try more apart from installing tonymacs nvidia update to get my MSI Cyclon 460GTX running? Booting is working with no problems, but still the known freezing problem.

So on the projectx86 site are some 480GTX Cards with the Option "GraphicsEnabler=Yes " and running ootb... is this a 460GTX Problem only?

Mac OSX 10.6.7 will come with new Display Drivers and new Mac Book Pros are coming soon too(most likely with Nvidia 4xx inside), do you think i should wait or better sell my card? I know, no one is a seer here, but i am still a newbie with hackintosh and i think advanced user can perhaps give a better estimation if there come a better solution soon?!

So long my 8800gt is the better option but its pain to see the price of my graphiccard decline and i can´t use it :(

Thanks for any feedback and excuse my english...

I don't think you should sell your 460. Use your 8800GT until some more stuff is available.

Hi!

Yesterday I got my first OS X running with all I need. 10.6.6, network drivers, audio and nvidia drivers. I have a geforce GTX 460. I could use full HD resolution on to monitors simultaneously.

Today I started my PC, OS X loads, but I can only use one monitor with 1280 by 800 pixels. That's the resolution wich I had without nvidia drivers.

I used System Utilities from Multibeast, restarted the computer, re-installed the nvidia drivers, restarted the computer, but still I have the low resolution. System Profiler says, I have a Graphics Card Type "GPU" by "NVIDIA (0x10de)" with 64 MB memory. My card has 1 GB.

Are there still things that I can try to make the graphics shine back again?

Thanks for hints!

Blutengel said:
Hi!

Yesterday I got my first OS X running with all I need. 10.6.6, network drivers, audio and nvidia drivers. I have a geforce GTX 460. I could use full HD resolution on to monitors simultaneously.

Today I started my PC, OS X loads, but I can only use one monitor with 1280 by 800 pixels. That's the resolution wich I had without nvidia drivers.

I used System Utilities from Multibeast, restarted the computer, re-installed the nvidia drivers, restarted the computer, but still I have the low resolution. System Profiler says, I have a Graphics Card Type "GPU" by "NVIDIA (0x10de)" with 64 MB memory. My card has 1 GB.

Are there still things that I can try to make the graphics shine back again?

Thanks for hints!

Is "GraphicsEnabler" in com.Apple.boot.plist in /Extra? I was having very similar issues with my GTX 460M, but adding GraphicsEnabler (and installing the Chameleon that came included with Multibeast) fixed it :headbang:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back