Register

Simple NVIDIA 4xx Install Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
m3tm4n said:
karacho said:
Try to boot with -x PCIRoot=1 at the Chameleon bootscreen
Thx, but didn't help. Still got the screen to shut down my computer :(
Then boot with iBoot and select your OSX HD, if this not worked boot with iBoot again, select your HD again and type -x PCIRoot=1

Putting the components together for a new build, looking for the best video card I can get for ~ $200, came up with the gtx 460 as the best combination of speed/heat/noise. Will any manufacturers 460 work or should I be looking at any specifically for best compatibility?

Before you buy an nvidia gtx460 you should have a look at the forum with the freeze problem we have right now with the nvidia fermi cards see here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8015&start=350
Personnaly mine does not freeze very much (only freezes with one citrix app after a while), but some others are reporting freezes every 30 mins or so. May be you should consider an ATI, personnally I have two video cards one nvidia gtx 460 and one ATI radeon HD 5850, I will try to install the radeon this week-end since it is said to work fine.

mjgunn said:
Putting the components together for a new build, looking for the best video card I can get for ~ $200, came up with the gtx 460 as the best combination of speed/heat/noise. Will any manufacturers 460 work or should I be looking at any specifically for best compatibility?

All is working great for me but I can't boot from hard drive. I followed iBoot + Multibeast method and this procedure to install with my EVGA GTX460

I installed with iboot, combo update 10.6.6, DSDT- system utilities and chameleon RC5, reboot but snow leopard doesn't boot from hard drive

boot with -v and tell us what it says

Maybe you'll have to force the boot on a specific disk using UUID.

I've tried to boot with iBoot then -v and after a sort of verbose boot Snow Leopard booted normally

Guys,

Following the procedure outline in this thread, I got the AsusGTX 460 to work on 2600K/AsusP8P67 Pro. However, it works only in the arch=i386 mode. When I specify -force 64 or arch=x86_64, the graphics is very very slow.

I think there is a problem with NVDIA driver in the 64bit mode. Any thoughts/suggestions solving this issue?

I have a GT 240 running perfectly in my computer but am expecting a GTX470 tomorrow. Is there anything I need to do or should it be plug and play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back