Contribute
Register

Simple NVIDIA 4xx Install Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your reply, i read that too but i thought it could be base on any wrong settings i have done. Hope there will come a stable solution soon!

I thought that everything was going well... but sadly that's not the case.

After installing my new GTX 460 from a fresh Snow Leopard install, everything was fine, i could play games, got good cinebench stats and all
But after a while, the screen freezes randomly.

Sometimes ingame, sometimes as i'm doing "nothing"

I booted in verbose mode and it gave me this.

Nvidia-pb.png

If it helps ^^

Strange color behaviour

Hi all, thanks to the guides here and on insanelymac I managed to get 10.6.5 installed on my i950 p6t se system gts 450.

I have the gts 450 up and running after installing the nvidia update from here, but the colors look a little odd. The most obvious being that the title bar across the top of the screen graduates from light grey to pink going from left to right!! Everything else looks fairly normal - the dock, or when I open a program etc.

I had the gts 450 running even before installing the nvidia update, tho only one screen, and the title bar looked normal, it was only after the nvidia update it went weird. it was also alot darker as well - I had to go into the colors setting a set a different color profile.

Any clues?

Re: Strange color behaviour

urbangaucho said:
Hi all, thanks to the guides here and on insanelymac I managed to get 10.6.5 installed on my i950 p6t se system gts 450.

I have the gts 450 up and running after installing the nvidia update from here, but the colors look a little odd. The most obvious being that the title bar across the top of the screen graduates from light grey to pink going from left to right!! Everything else looks fairly normal - the dock, or when I open a program etc.

I had the gts 450 running even before installing the nvidia update, tho only one screen, and the title bar looked normal, it was only after the nvidia update it went weird. it was also alot darker as well - I had to go into the colors setting a set a different color profile.

Any clues?
It's the background...it shines through the menu-bar because it's half-transparent.

Ok thanks karacho. I turned that off now. Does that mean that before I installed the nvidia update drivers the graphics weren't running correctly ie no translucent menubar?

urbangaucho said:
Ok thanks karacho. I turned that off now. Does that mean that before I installed the nvidia update drivers the graphics weren't running correctly ie no translucent menubar?
That might be...if QE/CI wasn't enabled before

[/quote]That might be...if QE/CI wasn't enabled before[/quote]

How do I check if QE/CI is enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back