Contribute
Register

Simple NVIDIA 4xx Install Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guy..i tried 10 times to install the drivers after patching but nothing changed.. i don't know what else to think.. maybe i'm wrong with the multibeast procedure..do i have to remove something? install some kext from multibeast? :(

Do you have any advice how to make working gtx470 and gts450 on GA-58-UDR3 rev 1? 470 alone works fine, but system refuses to boot while second card is connected. Thank you! 10.6.6 with EasyDSTC, Multibeast...

Partition the thumb drive as 1-Partition, the hit the Options button and select GUID. Doesn't matter what format you choose, as your disk restore operation will clone whatever source image or disk you're using and will format your thumb drive accordingly.

As for CloneZilla, it's meant to make an "oh ****" backup. Also, if OSX won't let you resize partitions, you could always download the gparted boot CD iso (its like 150mb). That's a linux utility that lets you resize just about every kind of partition, including HFS+ (I think).

Worth a shot, anyways.

OK so i made the jump to a new gfx card i got the MSI GTX460 Hawk. It runs, But...

2 different install and getting same results now, it runs fine, i dont have any freezes it seems. Only the following: as soon as i start playing a game like wow, i get into loading screen as soon as thats done and its showing the wow world it freezes, same with SC2.

videos play fine, i had cinebench running and gave low fps, i deleten applegfxpowermanagement, and got better fps, but still no games..

anyone for ideas or what to try? or is it jsut waiting for better drivers from nvidea.

running this on a fresh 10.6.6 install following tonys guides for cards like these..

im having a same problem with wow gaming though running on gts 450 and 10.6.5
Having same freeze ingame

Any of you guys have any thoughts on my issues:

Motherboard: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R.
Video card: Zotac GTX 580.

1) I use the latest iBoot GE to install retail SL (10.6.3).
2) I reboot with iBoot disc.
3) I run the 10.6.6 combo update.
4) I run Multibeast 3.0.3, and just select EasyBeast install.
5) I run the tonymac updated Nvidia driver install.

Then I reboot again. Everything boots fine from the hard disk, but I have two problems:
1) I cannot get audio working (in fact, the volume icon that's usually in the upper right screen corner, doesn't even display anymore).
2) My video is locked at 1280x800, and System Profiler does not recognize my video card.

However, if I boot up in Safe Mode, my resoultion is correctly maxed at 1920x1080, and System Profiler properly displays my video card info. (though my audio is still broken).

Any thoughts on how I can resolve my display & audio issues?

Thanks in advance...

JE2555 said:

Then I reboot again. Everything boots fine from the hard disk, but I have two problems:
1) I cannot get audio working (in fact, the volume icon that's usually in the upper right screen corner, doesn't even display anymore).
2) My video is locked at 1280x800, and System Profiler does not recognize my video card.

However, if I boot up in Safe Mode, my resoultion is correctly maxed at 1920x1080, and System Profiler properly displays my video card info. (though my audio is still broken).

Any thoughts on how I can resolve my display & audio issues?

Thanks in advance...
1) Why aren't you using a DSDT?
2) You didn't install anything for audio
3) Your video card is not supported yet.

Thanks for the response. The audio still puzzles me --- I used Multibeast to install the audio, but it does not seem to want to work for some reason. When I was just using 10.6.3 with the Multibeast 2.6.3, it works fine. Not sure what's wrong.

Also, I'm just curious -- what are the Snow Leopard limitations when running in Safe Mode?

JE2555 said:

1) I cannot get audio working (in fact, the volume icon that's usually in the upper right screen corner, doesn't even display anymore)....
I guess i'd answered to this 3-4 times alone in this Thread and i could answer to this question 100 times per day if i would, because people don't read and don't use the Forum-Search :thumbdown: If people would install OSX with the iBoot+Multibeast method, why they don't read and take care about the Guide. Tony wrote such an awesome Guide and it's all described there.

• STEP 4: MULTIBEAST.
    MultiBeast is an all-in-one post-installation tool designed to enable boot from hard drive, and install support for Audio, Network, and Graphics. It contains two different complete post-installation solutions: EasyBeast and UserDSDT. In addition it includes System Utilities to rebuild caches and repair permissions and a collection of drivers, boot loaders, boot time config files and handy software.

Choose one of the following options directly following a fresh installation and update:

EasyBeast is a DSDT-free solution for any Core/Core2/Core i system. It installs all of the essentials to allow your system to boot from the hard drive. Audio, Graphics and Network will have to be enabled separately.

And if people use Multibeast, why they don't read in the lower pane what they'd ticked??? :crazy:Bildschirmfoto 2011-01-16 um 22.52.29.png

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2011-01-16 um 22.52.29.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-01-16 um 22.52.29.png
    86 KB · Views: 308
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back