Contribute
Register

Simple NVIDIA 4xx Install Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on topic :)

Are there any updates or permanent fixes about the random freezes on a GTX 460?

I also noticed that my ATI 4550 128mb is Faster (yup, faster) than my GTX 460 in simple tasks like minimizing, maximizing, double clicking, or hovering the icons from the dock. I notice that the GTX 460, when doing these tasks, are choppy.

When running benchies on both, of course, the GTX 460 owns the 4550. But in actual smoothness, GTX 460 loses.

I've tried EFI string instead of GraphicsEnabler and it has the same issue.

Thanks!

ok, had a light moment!
I just rememberd that I asked for a 64bit kernel for my custombeast. and my USB sound card has only 32bit driver for SL. and Iboot loads in 32bit mode.

how do I force SL to start in 32bit mode ?
pressing 3 and 2 while booting ?

uiane said:
ok, had a light moment!
I just rememberd that I asked for a 64bit kernel for my custombeast. and my USB sound card has only 32bit driver for SL. and Iboot loads in 32bit mode.

how do I force SL to start in 32bit mode ?
pressing 3 and 2 while booting ?

I think you can pass in the 'arch=i386' flag at the Chameleon splash screen. Then just edit your plist file and add this flag. Or just email Tony before he builds your CustomBeast.

Has anyone tried to run the nvidia update on top of OSX 10.6.6 ? Can you share your experience ?

It works with my Zotac GTX460 768 MB and a 1080P monitor through HDMI receiver but the fps is really bad in Source (Valve). Thanks.

I've noticed while browsing that a few people have reported choppy ui with fermi cards. I also had this; it was caused by the default framerate being set at 24 Hz in system preferences.

will a gts 450 + gtx 260 work or i will have to pull one out of the motherboard?

p55a-ud3
6gb ram
core i7 860

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back