Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
With the release of the NVIDIA Fermi drivers and installation procedure documented on the blog Updated NVIDIA Drivers for Mac OS X: Install Guide and iBoot-GE. I wanted to document how I have successfully installed a GT430 and GTX460 card in 10.6.5.

To recap here are the supported cards: GeForce GT 430, GTS 450, GTX 460, GTX 465, GTX 470, GTX 480, and GTX 580

What is needed:

iBoot-GE
iBoot UPDATED 2011-01-16 for iBoot 2.6.0
MultiBeast
tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update UPDATED 2011-01-06 for 10.6.6

• 1. Boot and Install Snow Leopard using iBoot-GE
    2. Install 10.6.5 Combo Update
    3. Using MultiBeast, Install using UserDSDT or EasyBeast and Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - Prerelease
    4. Install the tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update
    5. Reboot

I haven't had a chance to run benchmarks yet, but both cards are working with QE/CI. The only issue I've found so far is the GT430 is a 1GB card but is being reported at a 512MB card.

So please post your experiences and benchmarks here are share the excitement.

Attachments

• BCLK 102Mhz 46x GB CB Scores.png
    BCLK 102Mhz 46x GB CB Scores.png
    324.4 KB · Views: 175
list video card compatible?

thanks

what is better? ati 57xx or nividia fermi??

awesome I was going to hold off till someone came out with a way to make a GTX 470 work.

Still not working for me. Did a new install as mentioned but it still doesn't recognise the card. Still just a generic NVidia card under system info.
Maybe it just ain't meant to be?

***EDIT***

Got it working, well kind of. It now says unknown nVidia card 0MB vram, but at least it's the right resolution.

I installed the NVEnabler and PCI Root ID Fix for Chameleon 2.0 RC4 from MultiBeast.

Would anyone know which of those would have fixed it? Also is it ok for the card to be unknown?

Thanks.
Steve

In the tonymacx86 blog post it says:

They also show increased OpenGL, Quartz Graphics, and User Interface performance for NVIDIA 2xx cards.

Does this include the GTS 250? Has anyone tried out these drivers with one? I'm asking since if there is no improvement I think I'll stick with 10.6.4 for a while longer.

Cheers

drlovejoy said:
I installed the NVEnabler and PCI Root ID Fix for Chameleon 2.0 RC4 from MultiBeast.

Would anyone know which of those would have fixed it? Also is it ok for the card to be unknown?

Do not use Chameleon RC4 for card with the fermi chipset, they are only recognized by RC5. Just follow the guide from Tonymac's blog, http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/11/ ... -os-x.html.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back