Contribute
Register

Simple NVIDIA 4xx Install Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everybody! I'm new on all this so I've started last week, and after 24 installations I got my msi gt430oc working
this is what i did
1-install SL 10.6.3 retail, cold reboot, load info, reboot with iboot GE
2-install combo 10.6.6 NO restart
3-run multibeast 3.72, system, userdsdt (Ga-P55A-UD3 rev2/F11), realtek audio and HDA rollback
4-run MB again, system and chameleon 2.0 rc5 prerelease, 64bit graphics enabled and pciroot=1 fix
5-run MB again, system, Nvidia included drivers, and lnx realtek...REBOOT
6-loaded and set new resolution 1920*1080 VGA ok, cold reboot due to blue screen
loaded ok, but pci only 8x instead of x16 and VRAM 512m
7-install chimera 1.5.4, now works at 1024m

issues to solve for now:
1-turn x8 into x16
2-no DVI, only HDMI and VGA
3-no CUDA
4-update to 10.6.8

here are the files from cinebench, and org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist:

OMMENT=MAXON CINEBENCH is based on the high performance animation and rendering software MAXON CINEMA 4D.
COMMENT=These are your MAXON CINEBENCH R11.5 results.
COMMENT=
COMMENT=Results Disclaimer - CINEBENCH results are indicative of overall system performance when using CINEMA 4D,
COMMENT=and do not necessarily reflect the performance of the tested hardware with other applications.
COMMENT=Performance of each component (processor, graphics card) does rely somewhat on other components in the system.
COMMENT=Results provided are typical, although not derived from specific testing procedures.
COMMENT=
CORES=2
LOGICALCORES=2
MHZ=3200.000000
PROCESSOR=Intel Core i5 CPU 760
OPENGLVENDOR=NVIDIA Corporation
OPENGLCARD=NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 OpenGL Engine
OPENGLVERSION=2.1 NVIDIA-1.6.34
CBTYPE=64 BIT
OSVERSION=OS X 10.6.6
CBCPU1=1.047880
CBCPUX=3.996283
CBOPENGL=25.178459
CBOPENGLQUALITY=99.405304
C4DINFO=
C4DVERSION=11.529
C4DBUILDID=CB25720demo

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string> PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>G88451235J4</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>
</plist>

To solve a few things I think to run 10.6.8 combo, multibeast 3.9, install again userdsdt, and same drives, and then nvidia Retail_256.02.25f1v1 or tonymac 2.1 update, repair permissions with MB and kexts utility and is should work, but I'm affraid to screw up the installation and restart all process it will be #25...any advice please? I'm new on this so if there is a guide, tutorial or howto, would be appreciated
Big Thanks!!!!

Has anybody got an NVidia 4xx (mine GTS 450) work with accelerated graphics in Mac OS 10.7.1? I can install the NVidia w/accelerated graphics in 10.6.8, but using the Apple Store w/xmove I lose the "accelerated" graphics, and the NVidia drivers from the downloads section of this site refuses to instal in LION and the drivers that end up in lion do not have accelerated graphics in them.

I used the "drop a widget onto the Dashboard" method os testing the accelerated graphics. in 10.6.8 super cool "splash" or "genie" effect when adding widget to dashboard, in LION just adds it, no cool genie here.

Bimbo69 said:
Hi Everybody! I'm new on all this so I've started last week, and after 24 installations I got my msi gt430oc working
this is what i did
1-install SL 10.6.3 retail, cold reboot, load info, reboot with iboot GE
2-install combo 10.6.6 NO restart
3-run multibeast 3.72, system, userdsdt (Ga-P55A-UD3 rev2/F11), realtek audio and HDA rollback
4-run MB again, system and chameleon 2.0 rc5 prerelease, 64bit graphics enabled and pciroot=1 fix
5-run MB again, system, Nvidia included drivers, and lnx realtek...REBOOT
6-loaded and set new resolution 1920*1080 VGA ok, cold reboot due to blue screen
loaded ok, but pci only 8x instead of x16 and VRAM 512m
7-install chimera 1.5.4, now works at 1024m

issues to solve for now:
1-turn x8 into x16
2-no DVI, only HDMI and VGA
3-no CUDA
4-update to 10.6.8

here are the files from cinebench, and org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist:

OMMENT=MAXON CINEBENCH is based on the high performance animation and rendering software MAXON CINEMA 4D.
COMMENT=These are your MAXON CINEBENCH R11.5 results.
COMMENT=
COMMENT=Results Disclaimer - CINEBENCH results are indicative of overall system performance when using CINEMA 4D,
COMMENT=and do not necessarily reflect the performance of the tested hardware with other applications.
COMMENT=Performance of each component (processor, graphics card) does rely somewhat on other components in the system.
COMMENT=Results provided are typical, although not derived from specific testing procedures.
COMMENT=
CORES=2
LOGICALCORES=2
MHZ=3200.000000
PROCESSOR=Intel Core i5 CPU 760
OPENGLVENDOR=NVIDIA Corporation
OPENGLCARD=NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 OpenGL Engine
OPENGLVERSION=2.1 NVIDIA-1.6.34
CBTYPE=64 BIT
OSVERSION=OS X 10.6.6
CBCPU1=1.047880
CBCPUX=3.996283
CBOPENGL=25.178459
CBOPENGLQUALITY=99.405304
C4DINFO=
C4DVERSION=11.529
C4DBUILDID=CB25720demo

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string> PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>G88451235J4</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>
</plist>

To solve a few things I think to run 10.6.8 combo, multibeast 3.9, install again userdsdt, and same drives, and then nvidia Retail_256.02.25f1v1 or tonymac 2.1 update, repair permissions with MB and kexts utility and is should work, but I'm affraid to screw up the installation and restart all process it will be #25...any advice please? I'm new on this so if there is a guide, tutorial or howto, would be appreciated
Big Thanks!!!!

You can search on google for "Nvidia Mac cuda driver" and find it on NVidia's site via the google links - it instals in Mac OS as any normal software will. Hope this helps you! Hack On!

ok, big thanks I updated to 10.6.8 and install new nvidia and cuda, for some reason I have to reinstall sound. now I have DVI, but PCIe Lane Width: x8 instead of x16 and cinebench fall about a half from CBCPUX=3.996283 / CBOPENGL=25.178459 to CBCPUX=1.862527 /
CBOPENGL=12.914062...I think I forgot something or made something bad... :banghead:
Everything else seems to be normal, any tip???
Big tks
Alex

Partially Solved, runs @x16 this drop was due to enabling turbo usb3/sata3 in bios. cinebench is the same thing about half than before with older divers and without cuda.

I have my gtx480 running with the tonymac 10.6.8 installer and cuda plus the qaudro drivers.. on 10.6.8

at one point I was trying to use FakeSMC plugins with Istat to get temps and was registering 122c, then rebooted and got 55c rebooted then got 2c. Someone told me that the FakeSMC plugin isn't compatible with Fermi.

I am running Smbio.plist with 3,1 and want to know what I can do to either confirm my card isn't running 100%. I have no reason to run that card for anything graphics intensive as I am using my win 7 install for that.

I have read this entire thread and read about some people editing smbio and adding AGPM.Kext but as I'm a noob I am confused.

any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

I am having fermi freezes with my EVGA GeForce GTS 450 on Lion 10.7.2. Dual DVI monitors works just fine. Cinebench shows 45 fps and 6.7 pts. Everything is fine except the freezes.

Just thought I would post in this thread to see if anyone has a definitive fix. My specs are in my sig. Thanks in advance for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back