1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
m3tm4n said:
Ah sorry.
Didn't used iBoot. Didnt worked for me. Dont know why.
I've just booted SL from DVD and installed it.
I have to say, that my system allready worked with SL 10.5.8 (not supported on this board) until I changed my graphiccard from GTX260 to GTX460.
To run OSX I had to install a special Firmware for my Mainboard.
If you want the Site where I found the firmware write me an email.
You just bootet an SL Retail DVD on your Asus P5QL-Pro without any Boot CD? That's impossible.

If you startup with a distro, it's also not supported on this board and you're in the wrong forum here. Read the Faq

Motherboard
Z77-D3H
CPU
G830
Graphics
Nvidia 8600GT
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
mds2004 said:
OK well Im seeing these freezing issues. Once I open up starcraft it freezes. Right now I am on Tonys drivers. Anything else I can try besides trying Nvidia's?

I am having same issues - Starcraft freeze as soon as login screen appears, while music is still playing.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X Gaming5 EU
CPU
Graphics
GTX980
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
karacho said:
m3tm4n said:
You just bootet an SL Retail DVD on your Asus P5QL-Pro without any Boot CD? That's impossible.

Apparently he nuked his BIOS with something else. I noticed he still runs a '35 board, and some strange things were done with those, so maybe si, maybe no, but it sounds interesting.

Motherboard
2x SSD
CPU
core i7
Graphics
GTS 650
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
svakak said:
mds2004 said:
OK well Im seeing these freezing issues. Once I open up starcraft it freezes. Right now I am on Tonys drivers. Anything else I can try besides trying Nvidia's?

I am having same issues - Starcraft freeze as soon as login screen appears, while music is still playing.

have you tried lowering your graphic settings?

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix Z270E-Gaming
CPU
i5-7600K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Peter R. said:
karacho said:
m3tm4n said:

Apparently he nuked his BIOS with something else. I noticed he still runs a '35 board, and some strange things were done with those, so maybe si, maybe no, but it sounds interesting.
I don't think so. Afaik there was only one project (the mac edition bios project on cartri.net). This project is closed and no longer exists due to copyright violations and that patched Bios wasn't for a 35' Board.

Motherboard
Mac OS 10.10.1
CPU
Intel i5
Graphics
nVidia 210
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I use nvidia EVGA GTS 450 SC and take this guide its work fine.

No random freeze happen for ever

Thank you Tony

Motherboard
CPU
i7 - 930
Graphics
Gforce 285
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Moin,

thanks for the nice driver support!

i have still a little question. is the driver supporting the Physix and Cuda support for the Dforce 465 GTX?

best
ben

Motherboard
GA-P55A-UD3
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
R6870
I must ask again:
Is there any kind of options i can try more apart from installing tonymacs nvidia update to get my MSI Cyclon 460GTX running? Booting is working with no problems, but still the known freezing problem.

So on the projectx86 site are some 480GTX Cards with the Option "GraphicsEnabler=Yes " and running ootb... is this a 460GTX Problem only?

Mac OSX 10.6.7 will come with new Display Drivers and new Mac Book Pros are coming soon too(most likely with Nvidia 4xx inside), do you think i should wait or better sell my card? I know, no one is a seer here, but i am still a newbie with hackintosh and i think advanced user can perhaps give a better estimation if there come a better solution soon?!

So long my 8800gt is the better option but its pain to see the price of my graphiccard decline and i can´t use it :(

Thanks for any feedback and excuse my english...

Motherboard
MSI Z68A-GD80
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
silencerdeluxe said:
I must ask again:
Is there any kind of options i can try more apart from installing tonymacs nvidia update to get my MSI Cyclon 460GTX running? Booting is working with no problems, but still the known freezing problem.

So on the projectx86 site are some 480GTX Cards with the Option "GraphicsEnabler=Yes " and running ootb... is this a 460GTX Problem only?

Mac OSX 10.6.7 will come with new Display Drivers and new Mac Book Pros are coming soon too(most likely with Nvidia 4xx inside), do you think i should wait or better sell my card? I know, no one is a seer here, but i am still a newbie with hackintosh and i think advanced user can perhaps give a better estimation if there come a better solution soon?!

So long my 8800gt is the better option but its pain to see the price of my graphiccard decline and i can´t use it :(

Thanks for any feedback and excuse my english...

I don't think you should sell your 460. Use your 8800GT until some more stuff is available.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi!

Yesterday I got my first OS X running with all I need. 10.6.6, network drivers, audio and nvidia drivers. I have a geforce GTX 460. I could use full HD resolution on to monitors simultaneously.

Today I started my PC, OS X loads, but I can only use one monitor with 1280 by 800 pixels. That's the resolution wich I had without nvidia drivers.

I used System Utilities from Multibeast, restarted the computer, re-installed the nvidia drivers, restarted the computer, but still I have the low resolution. System Profiler says, I have a Graphics Card Type "GPU" by "NVIDIA (0x10de)" with 64 MB memory. My card has 1 GB.

Are there still things that I can try to make the graphics shine back again?

Thanks for hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.