Contribute
Register

Simple NVIDIA 4xx Install Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
karacho said:
MacMan said:
karacho said:
You can't boot into snow with iBoot? That's strange. You have a Fermi card george. When booting with iBoot, have u tried PCIRoot=1 after selecting your snow HD, or -x? or both?

Of course, my sleep works very very fine without sleepenabler. I'm actually only use 3 kexts in /E/E (IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, JMicron36xATA and JMicron36xSATA) and 2 kexts in /S/L/E (AppleHDA and FakeSMC)
Since you are using JMicron36xSATA you can delete IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector as JMicron36xSATA includes the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector functionality.
Ui that's nice to know MacMan...thx for your reply. So i only use 4 *strange* :rolleyes: kexts from now on for my Hack :headbang:
Also new FakeSMC in MultiBeast goes in /E/E.

Sorry if already asked but do you know if it works when installed via VMware? Thankful!

karacho said:
H-PROBE said:
Sorry if already asked but do you know if it works when installed via VMware? Thankful!
OSX via VMWare or OSX in VMWare?
IN

And at least with the procedures described in this topic, I can assure that does not work ... nor should one time he would not have direct access to hardware.

H-PROBE said:
karacho said:
[quote="H-PROBE":2wrhmdld]Sorry if already asked but do you know if it works when installed via VMware? Thankful!
OSX via VMWare or OSX in VMWare?
IN

And at least with the procedures described in this topic, I can assure that does not work ... nor should one time he would not have direct access to hardware.[/quote:2wrhmdld]
Your'e right...it just emulate hardware

I bought the same hardware listed in this howto of lifehacker:
http://lifehacker.com/5672051/how-to-bu ... easy-steps except of a MSI 460GTX Cyclone, i bought this card before that decision and still have a MSI 8800GT.

Update to 10.6.6
Only removed the sleepenabler.kext(still have VoodooHDA.kext and RealtekR1000SL.kext installed) -> Multibeast (mac pro 5.1 config, chameleon boot) -> tonys nvidia update -> boot with no problems, but freezed after 10-30 min. Test the original nvidia driver, sadly the same problem.

Switched back to 8800gt -> all working fine. (Xbench opengl: 8800gt: 205points 460gtx: 114 points...)

I have no modified bios or DSDT, however is there a chance to get it running with my hardware? Is the 32 or 64bit boot option important? What can i try more?

Thanks for any feedback!

silencerdeluxe said:
I bought the same hardware listed in this howto of lifehacker:
http://lifehacker.com/5672051/how-to-bu ... easy-steps except of a MSI 460GTX Cyclone, i bought this card before that decision and still have a MSI 8800GT.

Update to 10.6.6
Only removed the sleepenabler.kext(still have VoodooHDA.kext and RealtekR1000SL.kext installed) -> Multibeast (mac pro 5.1 config, chameleon boot) -> tonys nvidia update -> boot with no problems, but freezed after 10-30 min. Test the original nvidia driver, sadly the same problem.

Switched back to 8800gt -> all working fine. (Xbench opengl: 8800gt: 205points 460gtx: 114 potints...)

I have no modified bios or DSDT, however is there a chance to get it running with my hardware? Is the 32 or 64bit boot option important? What can i try more?

Thanks for any feedback!
That's a well known problem, with some Fermi based GFX cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back