Contribute
Register

Simple NVIDIA 4xx Install Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again, :wave:

First, sorry my english! :) :oops:

I installed for my system 10.6 + new iBoot 2.6 but with PciRoot=1 ,its works fine, without this i can't boot from retail DVD because the installer want to reboot etc...
Snow Leopard is installed, again boot from iBoot 2.6 with PciRoot=1
Snow leopard is works, but what do i do now? The old iBoot GE is not working for me, but this iBoot 2.6 works fine with PciRoot=1. Now i will download 10.6.6 Combo Update and new tonymac's Nvidia Update. If i will installed 10.6.6, what next? Install multibeast 3.0.3? But i think this multibeast using older chameleon then iBoot 2.6, and this not working for me. Install multibeast without chameleon, and the next step will install Chameleon V2 RC5 r700? And how can i fix my problem "PciRoot=1"? Install PCI Root ID Fix for Chameleon" from multibeast? What i will choose for my system (Asus P7P55D + i5 760 + Nvidia GTS 450 1GB) from multibeast installer (NV enabler, audio etc)?

Thanks,

Slimbie said:
Hello again, :wave:

First, sorry my english! :) :oops:

I installed for my system 10.6 + new iBoot 2.6 but with PciRoot=1 ,its works fine, without this i can't boot from retail DVD because the installer want to reboot etc...
Snow Leopard is installed, again boot from iBoot 2.6 with PciRoot=1
Snow leopard is works, but what do i do now? The old iBoot GE is not working for me, but this iBoot 2.6 works fine with PciRoot=1. Now i will download 10.6.6 Combo Update and new tonymac's Nvidia Update. If i will installed 10.6.6, what next? Install multibeast 3.0.3? But i think this multibeast using older chameleon then iBoot 2.6, and this not working for me. Install multibeast without chameleon, and the next step will install Chameleon V2 RC5 r700? And how can i fix my problem "PciRoot=1"? Install PCI Root ID Fix for Chameleon" from multibeast? What i will choose for my system (Asus P7P55D + i5 760 + Nvidia GTS 450 1GB) from multibeast installer (NV enabler, audio etc)?

Thanks,
Looking in the DSDT DB i found 1 DSDT.aml for your MoBo, but it has no Biosversion *strange* Install the Comboupdate 10.6.6 and Tony's Nvidia Update, don't reboot. Then run Multibeast. If i had your MoBo i would check these options in Multibeast.Bildschirmfoto 2011-01-17 um 11.31.38.png

But i'm not 100% sure. It can be i'm wrong with the Audio and also with the Easybeast installation. Perhaps that DSDT in the DB is usable for you, then you have to choose other options, because with DSDT is IMO the better solution. Maybe you ask one who have the same Board working first and wait for an answer, before installing things with Multibeast. For Ethernet you can try this -> Lnx2Mac's Realtek-Ethernet-Driver Good Luck

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2011-01-17 um 11.31.38.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-01-17 um 11.31.38.png
    159.7 KB · Views: 286
Hello,

Thanks! Snow Leopard now running from my HDD, and see my VGA card GTS 450 1024MB works fine... I tired multibeast 3.0.3 + 10.6.5 + Mobo DSDT :headbang: Thanks :thumbup:

I got the same error, but this happend before my custombeast installation (just after normal SL install)...
I just pluged the usb stick before the PC is on.
and then = iboot - select snow leopard installation and use -s.
got to mac, and there, I copied my Custom Beast that was inside my pendrive.
problem solved.
for me at least....

maxawesome said:
Boot from iBoot, load the SL install DVD, then run a disk verify/repair and permissions verify/repair.
Boot with -s starts faster, then you can type a few commands to repair something

• fsck -fy > filecheck
    mount -uw / > mount the filesystem as writeable
    diskutil verifyVolume > Verify the data structure of a volume (e.g. fsck)
    diskutil repairVolume > Repair the data structure of a volume (e.g. fsck)
    diskutil verifyPermissions (device) > Verify the permissions of a Mac OS X boot volume
    diskutil repairPermissions (device) > Repair the permissions of a Mac OS X boot volume
    rm -r /Extra/Extensions/xxxxxx.kext > delete a kext
    rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/xxxxxx.kext > delete a kext
    kextcache -m /Extra/Extensions.mkext /Extra/Extensions > rebuild the kextcache for /Extra/Extensions
    kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions > rebuild the kextcache for /S/L/E

diskutil doesn't run in single user mode
You can read all arguments for diskutil, kextcache etc. in it's manpages.

maxawesome said:
Then there's my approach, which is that as soon as I get a 100% working system, I make a CloneZilla disk clone of the thing and store it on a USB drive that I ONLY use for that purpose. Then you're only out a matter of 30-40 minutes in this situation.
IMO Carbon Copy Cloner is the better solution. It makes no changes to your partition like clonezilla. Your'e right CCC don't make your clone bootable, but you can always do it after cloning, by using Multibeast (select the drive where you want to install Chameleon) or use an standalone Chameleon installer.

uiane said:
I got the same error, but this happend before my custombeast installation (just after normal SL install)...
I just pluged the usb stick before the PC is on.
and then = iboot - select snow leopard installation and use -s.
got to mac, and there, I copied my Custom Beast that was inside my pendrive.
problem solved.
for me at least....
Nice to read some good news :D

Hi !
Just a quick response to let you know my hackintosh works flawless, and that's because of you guys !!

I bought a new nvidia GTX 460 Graphics card to replace my old ATI 4870 and figured i might as well be starting all from scratch.
So i downloaded multibeast, iboot, etc and following the various tutorials you guys provided i managed to build AGAIN another hackintosh that works even better than the old one.

No sound problem, i can even go into sleep mode, every piece of hardware is working, and of course my GTX 460 is working as well.
No shuttering, flickering, lags or performance drops whatsoever.
I just had to remove the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext to have good perfs in game.

So guys... thanks a lot ! and keep it up !

rickette said:
Hi !
Just a quick response to let you know my hackintosh works flawless, and that's because of you guys !!

I bought a new nvidia GTX 460 Graphics card to replace my old ATI 4870 and figured i might as well be starting all from scratch.
So i downloaded multibeast, iboot, etc and following the various tutorials you guys provided i managed to build AGAIN another hackintosh that works even better than the old one.

No sound problem, i can even go into sleep mode, every piece of hardware is working, and of course my GTX 460 is working as well.
No shuttering, flickering, lags or performance drops whatsoever.
I just had to remove the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext to have good perfs in game.

So guys... thanks a lot ! and keep it up !
:thumbup: :headbang:

karacho said:
You can't boot into snow with iBoot? That's strange. You have a Fermi card george. When booting with iBoot, have u tried PCIRoot=1 after selecting your snow HD, or -x? or both?

Of course, my sleep works very very fine without sleepenabler. I'm actually only use 3 kexts in /E/E (IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, JMicron36xATA and JMicron36xSATA) and 2 kexts in /S/L/E (AppleHDA and FakeSMC)
Since you are using JMicron36xSATA you can delete IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector as JMicron36xSATA includes the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector functionality.

MacMan said:
karacho said:
You can't boot into snow with iBoot? That's strange. You have a Fermi card george. When booting with iBoot, have u tried PCIRoot=1 after selecting your snow HD, or -x? or both?

Of course, my sleep works very very fine without sleepenabler. I'm actually only use 3 kexts in /E/E (IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, JMicron36xATA and JMicron36xSATA) and 2 kexts in /S/L/E (AppleHDA and FakeSMC)
Since you are using JMicron36xSATA you can delete IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector as JMicron36xSATA includes the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector functionality.
Ui that's nice to know MacMan...thx for your reply. So i only use 4 *strange* :rolleyes: kexts from now on for my Hack :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back