Contribute
Register

Simple NVIDIA 4xx Install Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
iWingzero said:
Has this sorted the V-sync issues with using fermi?

I've had no V-Sync issues whatsoever !

470 works 100%??

Sith said:
tonymacx86 said:
Sith said:
Can this process be used with the GTX470 card installed for clean install or is this to be done using another compatible card then swapping?

Thanks

Sith

iBoot-GE should allow you to install without using another card- tested on 430 and 460.

Well - I may just have to do that then in the next few days. :headbang:
Been looking at my GTX470 sitting in it's box for the last 5 months or so. :banghead:

Thanks to everyone involved in making this happen. Your efforts are appreciated by us noobs to the scene. :clap:

Sith

And the GTX 580, it is a safe buy?

470 works 100%??

I must be doing something wrong then. I just keep getting prompted to restart the PC after some time of the apple logo and the spinning thing.
Not sure what's causing...

Put the iboot in - F5 - SL 10.6.3 grey screen with logo comes up - spinner underneath
then the message to power down the PC.

Time for more reading I guess. HAHA

Sith

Sith said:
470 works 100%??

I must be doing something wrong then. I just keep getting prompted to restart the PC after some time of the apple logo and the spinning thing.

Put the iboot in - F5 - SL 10.6.3 grey screen with logo comes up - spinner underneath

Sith
The answer is in the OP, you don't use the normal iBoot.

MacMan said:
Sith said:
470 works 100%??

Sith

I actually used the iBoot-GE as listed in the beginning of this thread.
Not sure why it's happening.
My vid care is a PNY GTX470 maybe that has something to do with it? Not the right manufacturer? Who knows...

Sith

I also am having problems getting the iBoot-GE to boot with a Gigabyte 470GTX.

update to 10.6.5 no 10.6.3 and try install

Sith said:
MacMan said:
Sith said:
470 works 100%??

Sith

I actually used the iBoot-GE as listed in the beginning of this thread.
Not sure why it's happening.
My vid care is a PNY GTX470 maybe that has something to do with it? Not the right manufacturer? Who knows...

Sith

Seems to be running okay for me with an EVGA 460 1GB, however it shows up as an unknown video card with 0GB of ram, similar to what others have reported. I did have some odd trouble with iBootGE actually, on install I think i ended up just using 2.5.2, and safe mode. Latest multibeast seems to at least boot into osx okay for me, using chameleon RC5. I have had to shutdown the system several times today, however, and I'm not sure if it's related to this or not. I get unresponsive system, little spinning globe and stuff just stops responding, have to hard reset.

The problem I had with the card not being detected right was due to using NvEnabler AND the new chameleon rc5 prerelease. I removed NvEnabler from Extras and it's detected properly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back