Contribute
Register

Simple NVIDIA 4xx Install Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
scatman said:
drlovejoy said:
I installed the NVEnabler and PCI Root ID Fix for Chameleon 2.0 RC4 from MultiBeast.

Would anyone know which of those would have fixed it? Also is it ok for the card to be unknown?

Do not use Chameleon RC4 for card with the fermi chipset, they are only recognized by RC5. Just follow the guide from Tonymac's blog, http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/11/ ... -os-x.html.

I did install RC5 just like it says in the guide (like I already mentioned) but RC4 by AsereBLN 1.1.9 is still installed as standard with EasyBeast (MultiBeast 2.5). And this never worked, I couldn't change resolutions or do anything. Until I installed those 2.

That's why I was asked which one fixed it, I take it by your answer that it was the NVEnabler that got it working? And next time I don't have to worry with the PCI Root fix for RC4?

I've read in some posts that you're suppose to edit /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist after the installation but I can't find anyone saying What to edit!?

The installation went fine and all but World of Warcraft won't really run anymore so is it possible that the edit might fix it?

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 70
MacMan said:
With the release of the NVIDIA Fermi drivers and installation procedure documented on the blog Updated NVIDIA Drivers for Mac OS X: Install Guide and iBoot-GE. I wanted to document how I have successfully installed a GT430 and GTX460 card in 10.6.5.

To recap here are the supported cards: GeForce GT 430, GTS 450, GTX 460, GTX 465, GTX 470, GTX 480, and GTX 580

What is needed:

iBoot-GE
MultiBeast
tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update

• 1. Boot and Install Snow Leopard using iBoot-GE
    2. Install 10.6.5 Combo Update
    3. Using MultiBeast, Install using UserDSDT or EasyBeast and Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - Prerelease
    4. Install the tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update
    5. Reboot

I haven't had a chance to run benchmarks yet, but both cards are working with QE/CI. The only issue I've found so far is the GT430 is a 1GB card but is being reported at a 512MB card.

So please post your experiences and benchmarks here are share the excitement.

Can this process be used with the GTX470 card installed for clean install or is this to be done using another compatible card then swapping?

Thanks

Sith

PatricF said:
I've read in some posts that you're suppose to edit /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist after the installation but I can't find anyone saying What to edit!?

The installation went fine and all but World of Warcraft won't really run anymore so is it possible that the edit might fix it?

I'm not sure if it will work but you could try this:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1010704

Some people have had success with completely removing that kext as well:
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=7753&start=10

Good luck!

Sith said:
Can this process be used with the GTX470 card installed for clean install or is this to be done using another compatible card then swapping?

Thanks

Sith

iBoot-GE should allow you to install without using another card- tested on 430 and 460.

tonymacx86 said:
Sith said:

Thanks

Sith

iBoot-GE should allow you to install without using another card- tested on 430 and 460.

Well - I may just have to do that then in the next few days. :headbang:
Been looking at my GTX470 sitting in it's box for the last 5 months or so. :banghead:

Thanks to everyone involved in making this happen. Your efforts are appreciated by us noobs to the scene. :clap:

Sith

finally i can use my lovely zotac gtx 460 768mb :D
thank you so much! :thumbup: :clap: :headbang:

but my desktop sometimes randomly freeze with a little black square on left top :( :?:
re-setup bios change s3 to s1, i hope it will help. no freeze issue after 6 hours

i will sell my hd 5670 :wave:

Sith said:
MacMan said:
With the release of the NVIDIA Fermi drivers and installation procedure documented on the blog Updated NVIDIA Drivers for Mac OS X: Install Guide and iBoot-GE. I wanted to document how I have successfully installed a GT430 and GTX460 card in 10.6.5.

To recap here are the supported cards: GeForce GT 430, GTS 450, GTX 460, GTX 465, GTX 470, GTX 480, and GTX 580

What is needed:

iBoot-GE
MultiBeast
tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update

• 1. Boot and Install Snow Leopard using iBoot-GE
    2. Install 10.6.5 Combo Update
    3. Using MultiBeast, Install using UserDSDT or EasyBeast and Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - Prerelease
    4. Install the tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update
    5. Reboot

I haven't had a chance to run benchmarks yet, but both cards are working with QE/CI. The only issue I've found so far is the GT430 is a 1GB card but is being reported at a 512MB card.

So please post your experiences and benchmarks here are share the excitement.

Thanks

Sith

Apart from the iBoot CD, which I haven't tried (I still use the old Fermi experimental boot CD the guys made a while back) I have done it this way, no card wapping involved.
Works a treat too, and with the new multibieast you dont even have to patch the bootloader afterwards !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back