None
Graphics
None
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey,

I'm new in this hackintosh world, I used to work on my old macMini (Late 2012) which is getting slow these days :D. Current COVID situation in my country doesn't allow me spend that much money for new mac, so I decited to bite this Apple this way.

It'd be used now for Web Development mainly (code editor, local node.js server etc.) so I think integrated graphic should do the trick.

Fast M.2 would be nice too 500GB will be sufficient for now.

Everything should fit in a small ITX case with place to upgrade in future (dGPU like 6700 xt) which will allow me to switch from my main rig (Ryzen 5 3600x/RTX 2070S) to smaller form factor on desk. After buying dGPU and selling my main PC I'll propably want to upgrade CPU in my hackintosh. Finally I want to end with ITX based build - dual boot (working on mac, gaming on windows).

I can take 2 of 4 sticks (8GB each) RAM from my main PC, it can be excluded from shopping list.

the budget for now with low/mid CPU (possibilities to upgrade in future) and without dGPU: ~550$/450€ but It can be stretched a bit (different countries, different part prices)

I'd be very grateful for any help in picking right parts for my hackintosh.

Last edited:
I come up with something like this:

MOBO: ASRock B460M-ITX/ac
CPU: Intel Core i3-10100
CPU Cooling: NZXT KRAKEN X53
RAM: 2x HyperX 8 GB DDR4 3200MHz
CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox NR200P

The question is can I get everything working with this MOBO/CPU?

Find a mini-itx build in User Builds or Golden Builds that you can duplicate. For a first time hackintosh I wouldn't choose Asrock. Better to go with Asus or Gigabyte instead. Will make things much easier for you. A guide that uses OpenCore is best as Clover is on the way out. I don't think anyone will be using it with macOS 12.0 that will be released later this year. Developers need to be able to use the latest Xcode version for coding so you'll want to make this build last for more than a few years.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

Last edited:
Some ITX boards can cost much more than mATX (Asus and Gigabyte). Shop around unless you're really set on that form factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back