Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0

iMessage Tutorial on El Capitan and Yosemite

Works on OS X 10.10+

Download Clover Configurator and run the program.

Official Link: http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download/

Mount the EFI partition and open the config.plist

Import the config.plist

Go to the SMBIOS tab and click the magic wand icon

Select the computer most similar to yours (My PC is most similar to an iMac)

Since I have a Haswell i5 processor, I chose the specs closest to mine.

Click both shake buttons a few times, and press OK.

Visit https://checkcoverage.apple.com and test your serial. If the error shown above appears, than you are good to go! If not, make another serial by repeating the above step.

Copy the Serial Number into the Board Serial Number space, then type 5 hex digits/letters.

Open Terminal and type uuidgen, then press enter

Copy the value that was outputted

Paste the value into the SmUUID section

Save the config.plist

If you ever attempted to log into iMessage previously, do the following steps before rebooting:If you rebooted already, do these steps and reboot again.Copy the text below:
cd ~/Library/Caches/
rm -R com.apple.Messages*
rm -R com.apple.imfoundation*
cd ~/Library/Preferences/
rm com.apple.iChat*
rm com.apple.imagent*
rm com.apple.imessage*
rm com.apple.imservice*
rm -R ~/Library/Messages/

Paste the text into Terminal, then press enter once the text appears to finish

Now you can close Terminal

Reboot!

Log into iMessage with your iCloud account and you should be messaging right away!
Credits:

Getting iMessage working on 10.10.2 (generating unique UUID and Board Serial Number)

• ****** user /u/cobo10201 wrote the tutorial that I used to originally set up iMessage. It is the first guide that worked for me without stealing serial numbers.
  • ****** user /u/rossistboss wrote the script that is copied into terminal to clear out the old iMessage login attempts. Simplifies the process a lot!

What boot loader are you using for Yosemite? Will this still work if using Chimera as the boot loader? (I have read many threads regarding the steps you outlined - thanks for the step by step guide!).

Is this confirmed to work on 10.10.5?

I haven't updated from Mavericks yet but want Yosemite so I can update gpu (can't go to El Cap due to some hardware incompatibilities). I don't want to lose iMessage when updating!

Followed the guide, step-by-step, exactly as it is written here. When signing in through the iMessage sign-in screen, I get "Could not sign in to iMessage." Underneath it says, "An error occurred during activation. Try again."

Any thoughts?

Followed the guide, step-by-step, exactly as it is written here. When signing in through the iMessage sign-in screen, I get "Could not sign in to iMessage." Underneath it says, "An error occurred during activation. Try again."

Any thoughts?
Me too, any solution?

Yet another iMessage thread.... we already have both an "Idiot's Guide" and a detailed guide as stickies...

The biggest issue is that there are MULTIPLE reasons for iMessage problems and no simple guide covers them all. Your only solution is to read what others have already posted.

Here, I'll make it easy for you to find them:
the BIG one is here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/

the Idiot's Guide is here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/

iMessage Tutorial on El Capitan and Yosemite

Works on OS X 10.10+

Download Clover Configurator and run the program.

Official Link: http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download/

Mount the EFI partition and open the config.plist

Import the config.plist

Go to the SMBIOS tab and click the magic wand icon

Select the computer most similar to yours (My PC is most similar to an iMac)

Since I have a Haswell i5 processor, I chose the specs closest to mine.

Click both shake buttons a few times, and press OK.

Visit https://checkcoverage.apple.com and test your serial. If the error shown above appears, than you are good to go! If not, make another serial by repeating the above step.

Copy the Serial Number into the Board Serial Number space, then type 5 hex digits/letters.

Open Terminal and type uuidgen, then press enter

Copy the value that was outputted

Paste the value into the SmUUID section

Save the config.plist

If you ever attempted to log into iMessage previously, do the following steps before rebooting:If you rebooted already, do these steps and reboot again.Copy the text below:
cd ~/Library/Caches/
rm -R com.apple.Messages*
rm -R com.apple.imfoundation*
cd ~/Library/Preferences/
rm com.apple.iChat*
rm com.apple.imagent*
rm com.apple.imessage*
rm com.apple.imservice*
rm -R ~/Library/Messages/

Paste the text into Terminal, then press enter once the text appears to finish

Now you can close Terminal

Reboot!

Log into iMessage with your iCloud account and you should be messaging right away!
Credits:

Getting iMessage working on 10.10.2 (generating unique UUID and Board Serial Number)

• ****** user /u/cobo10201 wrote the tutorial that I used to originally set up iMessage. It is the first guide that worked for me without stealing serial numbers.
    • ****** user /u/rossistboss wrote the script that is copied into terminal to clear out the old iMessage login attempts. Simplifies the process a lot!
This is not working for me. I have tried several times, and I always get an error saying an error occurred during authentication. I am describing my system as an iMac 14,2 in config.plist. that is what somebody told me was closest to mine. PLEASE HELP ME!

When I tried this method it shows that an error occurred during authentication. (I don't have any apple devices) However iCloud, iTunes and App Store are working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back