Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus z97 Sabertooth Mark II
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
ASUS ROG STRIX 480x 8GB
If you're unlucky like me, you may have had no luck with all the USB fixes that are out there. However like most systems there may be one USB 3.0 port that works. Test them all and see if you have one. If so, heres a simple alternative. Buy a powered USB 3.0 Hub, and plug it into the one port that works. I know ascetically it doesn't look nearly as good, and if you're really unlucky the only 3.0 port that works is on the front so you have a plug coming out of the front. I also know that the speeds won't quite be 5gb/s, but it is faster than usb 2.0 and if you do it right you can make it look good too. So if you're looking for a quick fix. Thats what I recommend. I also recommend this usb 3.0 HUB. Link. It has exceptional performance, looks great, and has 3 dedicated 2.1 amp charging ports on it and in my opinion a very reasonable price for a 3.0 hub.

If you're unlucky like me, you may have had no luck with all the USB fixes that are out there. However like most systems there may be one USB 3.0 port that works. Test them all and see if you have one. If so, heres a simple alternative. Buy a powered USB 3.0 Hub, and plug it into the one port that works. I know ascetically it doesn't look nearly as good, and if you're really unlucky the only 3.0 port that works is on the front so you have a plug coming out of the front. I also know that the speeds won't quite be 5gb/s, but it is faster than usb 2.0 and if you do it right you can make it look good too. So if you're looking for a quick fix. Thats what I recommend. I also recommend this usb 3.0 HUB. Link. It has exceptional performance, looks great, and has 3 dedicated 2.1 amp charging ports on it and in my opinion a very reasonable price for a 3.0 hub.

Having only one USB3 port work is quite typical. The result is rooted in the 15-port limit.

You should read my comprehensive guide.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Wow very comprehensive guide. Ive been giving a couple things a try. First I installed the EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02 patch like you said. It doesn't seem to do much, in fact it appears it reset my 3.0 port that does work to a 2.0 port? What do you recommend I do next? I had installed your USBinjectALL kext before but it didn't seem to do anything, so I restored it and ended up removing it.
EDIT:I tried changing port limit from 15 to 20 as well as I have a z97 board. It appears to have had no effect.

Wow very comprehensive guide. Ive been giving a couple things a try. First I installed the EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02 patch like you said. It doesn't seem to do much, in fact it appears it reset my 3.0 port that does work to a 2.0 port? What do you recommend I do next? I had installed your USBinjectALL kext before but it didn't seem to do anything, so I restored it and ended up removing it.
EDIT:I tried changing port limit from 15 to 20 as well as I have a z97 board. It appears to have had no effect.

Read the guide... especially "Specific Recommendations..." as it relates to your hardware.

If you need analysis:

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back