Contribute
Register

Sign in app store issues after 10.6.8 & Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sign in app store issues after 10.6.8 update Fix

thanks to this thread, i got app store working again.

the method i used was slightly different.
first i followed " System preferences/Network
You'll want to highlight each one and remove it by clicking the - tab at bottom of box."

then "Then go to,
Library/Preferences/System Configuration
and delete or place on desktop the NetworkInterfaces.plist"

restarted, then added ethernet ONLY. restarted again, and added wifi.
now app store works.

shame facetime still doesnt work though :cry:

UserOSX said:
Another report of successfully using the Mac App Store in OS X 10.7 (Retail).

The thing that did the trick was injecting the EFI string of the onboard ethernet controller in com.apple.Boot.plist

Used EFI studio 1.1 (http://www.mediafire.com/?xz14ytrmddo) which is fully compatible with Lion, selected "Ethernet device", clicked on "Add Device" and finally asked it to write the string it found to com.apple.boot.plist (located in /L/P/SC). Then I opened the edited file with TextEdit and came across this:

<key>device-properties</key>
<string>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</string>

(where x is the ethernet device EFI string)
I then carefully copied the above lines, opened the com.apple.Boot.plist (this time located in /E), and pasted the copied content. I also added those 2 lines:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

and then closed all open files.

I also deleted all network connections displayed in System Preferences/Network prefpane and I also trashed NetworkInterfaces.plist (located in /L/P/SC).

Following a reboot, I manually added a new network service using the (+) button in System Preferences/Network, only this time the system auto-named it "Ethernet" (instead of "Ethernet adaptor en0") which implies that the network card/interface is seen as an original built in (original Mac style).

AppStore login worked naturally, giving me download access to all apps.

Special thx/credit to the authors of all those helpful posts that led to this solution.

Thanks for posting the steps you took. It put me on the right path. Before rebooting, in addition to deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist I also deleted preferences.plist from the same location (/L/P/SC). After the reboot "Ethernet" and "FireWire" automatically showed up in System Preferences/Network. Was able to log into the App Store with no problem.

Cheers

I found my wireless card but it dose not come up as airport. instead it looks like this

+-o AppleUSBEHCI <class AppleUSBEHCI, id 0x1000001f1, registered, $
| | | +-o EHCI Root Hub Simulation@1D,7 <class IOUSBRootHubDevice, id $
| | | | +-o AppleUSBHub <class AppleUSBHub, id 0x10000020b, registered$
| | | | +-o IOUSBInterface@0 <class IOUSBInterface, id 0x10000020d, !r$
| | | | +-o IOUSBDeviceUserClientV2 <class IOUSBDeviceUserClientV2, id$
| | | +-o 802.11 n WLAN@fd300000 <class IOUSBDevice, id 0x10000061f, r$
| | | +-o RT2870USBWirelessDriver <class RT2870USBWirelessDriver, id$
| | | | +-o IOEthernetInterface <class IOEthernetInterface, id 0x100$
| | | | +-o IONetworkStack <class IONetworkStack, id 0x1000001f8, $
| | | | +-o IONetworkStackUserClient <class IONetworkStackUserCl$
| | | +-o 1.0@0 <class IOUSBInterface, id 0x100000623, registered, m$
| | | +-o IOUSBDeviceUserClientV2 <class IOUSBDeviceUserClientV2, id$

any ideas?

hi, thanks very much. After several days of trying to find solutions, this one finally did the trick.

UserOSX said:
Another report of successfully using the Mac App Store in OS X 10.7 (Retail).

The thing that did the trick was injecting the EFI string of the onboard ethernet controller in com.apple.Boot.plist

Used EFI studio 1.1 (http://www.mediafire.com/?xz14ytrmddo) which is fully compatible with Lion, selected "Ethernet device", clicked on "Add Device" and finally asked it to write the string it found to com.apple.boot.plist (located in /L/P/SC). Then I opened the edited file with TextEdit and came across this:

<string>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</string>

(where x is the ethernet device EFI string)
I then carefully copied the above lines, opened the com.apple.Boot.plist (this time located in /E), and pasted the copied content. I also added those 2 lines:

<string>Yes</string>

and then closed all open files.

I also deleted all network connections displayed in System Preferences/Network prefpane and I also trashed NetworkInterfaces.plist (located in /L/P/SC).

Following a reboot, I manually added a new network service using the (+) button in System Preferences/Network, only this time the system auto-named it "Ethernet" (instead of "Ethernet adaptor en0") which implies that the network card/interface is seen as an original built in (original Mac style).

AppStore login worked naturally, giving me download access to all apps.

Special thx/credit to the authors of all those helpful posts that led to this solution.

hi, thanks very much. After several days of trying to find solutions, this one finally did the trick.

this is my entire NetworkInterfaces.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Interfaces</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Active</key>
<true/>
<key>BSD Name</key>
<string>en0</string>
<key>IOBuiltin</key>
<false/>
<key>IOInterfaceType</key>
<integer>6</integer>
<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>IOMACAddress</key>
<data>
HG9lPaVZ
</data>
<key>IOPathMatch</key>
<string>IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/PEX4@1C,4/IOPCI2PCIBridge/ethernet@0/com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx/IOEthernetInterface</string>
<key>SCNetworkInterfaceInfo</key>
<dict>
<key>UserDefinedName</key>
<string>Ethernet Adaptor (en0)</string>
</dict>
<key>SCNetworkInterfaceType</key>
<string>Ethernet</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Active</key>
<true/>
<key>BSD Name</key>
<string>en1</string>
<key>IOBuiltin</key>
<false/>
<key>IOInterfaceType</key>
<integer>6</integer>
<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>IOMACAddress</key>
<data>
AAhUjMqR
</data>
<key>IOPathMatch</key>
<string>IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/USBE@1D,7/AppleUSBEHCI/802.11 n WLAN@fd300000/RT2870USBWirelessDriver/IOEthernetInterface</string>
<key>SCNetworkInterfaceInfo</key>
<dict>
<key>USB Product Name</key>
<string>802.11 n WLAN</string>
<key>UserDefinedName</key>
<string>802.11 n WLAN</string>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>10352</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>5263</integer>
</dict>
<key>SCNetworkInterfaceType</key>
<string>Ethernet</string>
</dict>
</array>
</dict>
</plist>

what am I doing wrong here? I use the wireless internet.

ok. I tried ESI Studios and still get. "This computer can not be verified." Even though I'm going to use my wifi card that supports mac.

i am using an airlink101 usb wireless adapter
does not show up in the efi program
in fresh install i get error when trying to download Xcode "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance." even with a full $99 paid account
do i need a special (lion compatible) adapter? i need to (enable) use built in adapter? i need to get a mac?
thanks

Confirm Efi string inject using EFIStudio works.

Spec: Realtek Built-in Ethernet

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>PCIRootUID</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<string>4b00000001000000010000003f0000000100000002010c00d041030a0000000001010600051c0101060000007fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I've successfully fixed being able to log into the app store by adding my ethernet efi string using efi studio as above.
The problem is, I then lose my gtx 285 graphics card, reverting to vesa only functions.
Can you somehow combine two efi strings into one? any tutorials or links on how to do it?
Cheers
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back