Contribute
Register

Sign in app store issues after 10.6.8 & Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sign in app store issues after 10.6.8 update Fix

hoogends said:
Well,
After fiddling around for some time finally got it to work.

Thank you hoogends for your post, I managed to get it working! :D

The issue was that when I used EFI Studio to write to the com.apple.boot.plist file, it was writing the EFI string into the file located in Library/Prefs/System Configuration. What I had to do was copy the string into same file located in Extras. Also like you said, the new network adapters didnt have the 'en0' at the end. That's when I knew I had it right.

If anyone else is having problems, I suggest you make sure the EFI string exists in both files. Also make sure you copy the line right above the long string, which says <key>device-properties</key>. I was not copying this line earlier, and that was causing the problem. Once again, you have to copy two lines in this process. Thanks everyone for your help.

Thanks. I had to do all three steps in the first post but it finally worked.

FYI, it looks like this messes up your iTunes activation for the computer. My hackintosh was my 5th computer activated on my iTunes account and after doing the steps to get the App Store working iTunes said that the computer was not authorized, even though it had been before. Long story short, I now hove to deauthorize all my iTunes computers (again, this is the third time, usually do to computer and hard drive crashes) and reauthorize them all.

Make sure you deauthorize your computer in iTunes before fixing your App Store problem.

Thanks so much for the post. This worked like a charm with a minor twist then I was able to move on installing Lion.

I removed everything as noted in your post.
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

When I added that my video went wonky only got 1024X768. But decided to move on with NW piece in which case it added Ethernet Adapter (en0) rather than Ethernet. Once done I removed the two lines and rebooted.

Video back to normal dual screen goodness on my 9500 and App working. Proceed to give apple $30. :)

Lion install flawless. Using ASUS P5G41T-M LX, Quad Core, Kingston DDR3 8 GB. ADATA SSD.

Thanks again!

eelhead said:
This is after updating to 10.6.8

Ok for the app store sign in issues here is a simple fix.

First go to Extra folder and check your com.apple.Boot.plist (or Library/Preferences/System Configuration if its not in extra folder)
to make sure that this string is in it,

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

If it isn't add it restart and see if that fixes it.

You'll want to highlight each one and remove it by clicking the - tab at bottom of box.

Then go to,
Library/Preferences/System Configuration
and delete or place on desktop the NetworkInterfaces.plist

Then restart system.

After you restart you will want to go back to System Preferences/Network and
add all the things you removed starting with ethernet.

adding the following to your com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

Then remove the NetworkInterfaces.plist and rebooted

What I had noticed is that the ethernet was labeled en0 and Airport card was en1 and after update the numbers got switched. It was only switched in the NetworkInterfaces.plist but stayed the same in every other settings so it was give conflicting things while trying to log into the app store.

Thanks Lnx2mac :D

Another report of successfully using the Mac App Store in OS X 10.7 (Retail).

The thing that did the trick was injecting the EFI string of the onboard ethernet controller in com.apple.Boot.plist

Used EFI studio 1.1 (http://www.mediafire.com/?xz14ytrmddo) which is fully compatible with Lion, selected "Ethernet device", clicked on "Add Device" and finally asked it to write the string it found to com.apple.boot.plist (located in /L/P/SC). Then I opened the edited file with TextEdit and came across this:

<key>device-properties</key>
<string>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</string>

(where x is the ethernet device EFI string)
I then carefully copied the above lines, opened the com.apple.Boot.plist (this time located in /E), and pasted the copied content. I also added those 2 lines:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

and then closed all open files.

I also deleted all network connections displayed in System Preferences/Network prefpane and I also trashed NetworkInterfaces.plist (located in /L/P/SC).

Following a reboot, I manually added a new network service using the (+) button in System Preferences/Network, only this time the system auto-named it "Ethernet" (instead of "Ethernet adaptor en0") which implies that the network card/interface is seen as an original built in (original Mac style).

AppStore login worked naturally, giving me download access to all apps.

Special thx/credit to the authors of all those helpful posts that led to this solution.

i had appstore connexion problems in Lion.

My main internet access (ethernet) wasn't en0 but en1.
My wifi was set to en0.

I need to switch ethernet back to en0

you can try to simply:
- open system prefs
- go to network
- remove all interfaces by clicking the minus (-) sign
- reinstall the interfaces one by one by clicking the plus (+) sign AND CHOOSING your main internet access (for me ethernet) as the first to reinstall
- reboot

appstore working again here

Hi guys.

I have a Snow Leopard installation (10.6.8) with the latest Multibeast easy patch (3.8.0).

The bootloader is Chimera.

I tried all the procedures you have posted multiple times. Nothing worked. I even tried to edit the networkinterfaces.plist file flagging the ethernet as built in (originally the flag was on false). But the app store still can't verify.

I can't figure out how to fix the store... Seems like the bootloader doesn't consider the new strings. Or there is another problem for the verification.

I edited both the com.apple.boot.plist files (inside extra and inside library). They are identical.

Hope someone can help me.

try to add
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

to the com.apple.boot.plist
then delete network interfaces.plist

reboot, then do what i say above (removing interfaces and reading them)

Later I will try again.

But, as I said above, I tried all the procedures posted. The pcirootuid string is in my com.apple.boot.plist and doesn't solve the problem.

p4nzer said:
Hi guys.

I can't figure out how to fix the store... Seems like the bootloader doesn't consider the new strings

Ditch Chimera in favor of Chameleon RC5. I had success with r1083, package version (see my previous post). Don't know how well Chimera handles EFI injection.
Just install over, it will replace your previous BL.

Try what you will and report back.

UserOSX said:
p4nzer said:
Hi guys.

I can't figure out how to fix the store... Seems like the bootloader doesn't consider the new strings

Ditch Chimera in favor of Chameleon RC5. I had success with r1083, package version (see my previous post). Don't know how well Chimera handles EFI injection.
Just install over, it will replace your previous BL.

Try what you will and report back.

Thanks bro, it worked :D

Fixed!!

I owe u a beer eheheh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back