Not open for further replies.
Re: Sign in app store issues after 10.6.8 update Fix

Blokie said:
Jackb01 said:
None of the above mentioned fixes worked for me, but the following did:

I added the following to my com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

Then I removed the NetworkInterfaces.plist and rebooted.
Now the App Store is working again.

I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

Hallelujah (and thanks a lot)!! This worked for me too, after everything else had failed miserably!!

I noticed when I re-added my Ethernet that it didn't have the (en0) anywhere in sight, so I assume this is why it is now working, and the way to get the (en0) to disappear is to use the PCIRootUID value above.

Thanks guys!!! Just wanted to confirm that this fixed worked for me too. Running SL 10.6.8.

techwolfrommel09 said:
Blokie said:
Jackb01 said:
None of the above mentioned fixes worked for me, but the following did:

I added the following to my com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

Then I removed the NetworkInterfaces.plist and rebooted.
Now the App Store is working again.

I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

Hallelujah (and thanks a lot)!! This worked for me too, after everything else had failed miserably!!

I noticed when I re-added my Ethernet that it didn't have the (en0) anywhere in sight, so I assume this is why it is now working, and the way to get the (en0) to disappear is to use the PCIRootUID value above.

Thanks guys!!! Just wanted to confirm that this fixed worked for me too. Running SL 10.6.8.

Holy mother of Jesus it worked. Thank You xx

None, of this methods is working for me... but I don't have a built-in ethernet port driver installed, because I don't need it. I use a wireless Ralink USB-adapter with the Ralink utility, updated to the latest version of the utility. But the App Store is still not working... can someone help me?

"I added the following to my com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>"

Worked for me many thanks.

I've had some success after using EFI studio to add my Ethernet card to the com.apple.Boot.plist, and I set it to en0 as well. This is despite actually using a Netgear WG111 USB wireless connection to connect to the internet (so it doesn't seem to matter how you connect as long as you have an ethernet card setup as en0). I managed to connect to the app store and download a few things no problems.

Unfortunately when I added the com.apple.Boot.plist entries for the ethernet card using EFI studio it conflicts with my video card 8400GS and I loose display acceleration and it resets to 1024x768 res :banghead: . I spent some time trying to edit the com.apple.Boot.plist file to add two <dict> entries one for the ethernet and one for the 8400GS as mentioned a few pages back, but it didn't seem to work properly. I'm not a total noob, but I am new to this so if anyone has a step by step guide or link it would be most appreciated.

My piecemeal solution is to swap the com.apple.Boot.plist files when I need to use the app store, not elegant but it works I guess.

I think I've tried everything. One thing I have been unable to do is add back the network list the way it was when I started down this road. There is no ethernet (en(0) or en(1)) option, just WLAN.

I'm stumped. I'll check back to see what else users might come up with.

I appreciate your help. I've solved the problem by combining these steps:
1) Adding this to com.apple.Boot.plist
Code:
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
2) Removing /Library/Preferences/System Configuration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
3) Rebooting

I still think EthernetBuiltIn wasn't necessary.

Lendar said:
1) Adding this to com.apple.Boot.plist
Code:
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
2) Removing /Library/Preferences/System Configuration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
3) Rebooting

I still think EthernetBuiltIn wasn't necessary.

You are connecting to the internet via wired connection right? If yes, I'd be curious if any one else with wireless network had success with this. Lot of the guys with Mac Book Pro and regualr Mac Books are having the same issue with 10.6.8. On the same note, I took out the EthernetBuiltIn from my boot.plist, it was doing some thing after reboot, need to use -v to see what exactly it was thinking about but after reboot overall didn't make difference. Still can't login to the App Store. I think I'm gonna have to stick with the EFI string solution for now.

Riad said:
Lendar said:

You are connecting to the internet via wired connection right? If yes, I'd be curious if any one else with wireless network had success with this. Lot of the guys with Mac Book Pro and regualr Mac Books are having the same issue with 10.6.8. On the same note, I took out the EthernetBuiltIn from my boot.plist, it was doing some thing after reboot, need to use -v to see what exactly it was thinking about but after reboot overall didn't make difference. Still can't login to the App Store. I think I'm gonna have to stick with the EFI string solution for now.

Exactly, it's ethernet-only desktop PC.
I see now. I'll simply stay away from 10.6.8 on my notebook for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back