Contribute
Register

Sign in app store issues after 10.6.8 & Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sign in app store issues after 10.6.8 update Fix

blindwarrior said:
UNOE said:
I just made a custom EFI string to get a both my Graphics cards working along with the app store this was not to hard yet it seemed impossible as I started. I'm going to give you the total break down most of you know all this but many people reading don't know where com.apple.Boot.plist....
So I added - <key>device-properties</key> <string>cb0400000100..........05b4546495d</string> to the file 'com.apple.Boot.plist' that is in the Extra folder in the root of the install the way I made me EFI string for my GTX570 is I found out during boot one of my 570's one had a '3' and one '7' like so
PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x7,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
When I created the first string with 'OSX86 tools' I saved it as a Plist then from there I opened the plist and duplicated the line and changed one of the '3' to '7' I also had to change the DVI lines So I changed the '0' and '1' from the first line and added '2' and '3' on the second line details. Also changed the 'A' and 'B' it looked like this
<key>@2,compatible</key>
<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
<key>@2,device_type</key>
<string>display</string>
<key>@2,name</key>
<string>NVDA,Display-C</string>
<key>@3,compatible</key>
<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
<key>@3,device_type</key>
<string>display</string>
<key>@3,name</key>
<string>NVDA,Display-D</string>
after I created my Custom Graphics plist I saved, then I created a plist for my ethernet and saved it
When I had both Ethernet and graphics plist done. I used OSX86 tools and used 'Combine Hex Strings' then I found both plist and highlighted both files and opened them at the same time. Then I had my new Custom EFI String. I then Copy and pasted the Long string to com.apple.Boot.plist' under the 'Extra' Folder like so first <key>device-properties</key> then <string>cb0400000100..........05b4546495d</string> [Please Note:your string will be really long] this is a shorten example.
This was really amazing this is what fixed my App Store and also allowed both of my Graphics cards to show up. It was very simple and I learned something today.

Question.. I already have both of my strings. I already made my GFX string and Ethernet string, and osx86 tools won't let you paste in the text. It seems to only combine files that are on the HD. How do I approach that?

Answered my own question. Basically, in between <string> </string> is your string. That is hex code. Slap that into a plain text file with .hex as the extension. That will let you use an editor like osx86 tools to import the .hex file and create the combined hex string. After I did that and then cleared out my network preferences and plists I could finally pick out the injected Ethernet in network preferences to install. I did every fix and this is the one that got it working for me. Combined hex strings (since I had video).

"your device or computer could not be verified. contact support for assistance"

Ok..so whatever i do the app store not work,this thing is driving me crazy,my network card is marwell youkon 80e056,and os is 10.7.1 retail. if somebody solve this problem with app store please reply or send me a pm.

I tried literally everything on this forum and other forums and FINALLY I got it to work by installing Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6 with Multibeast and deleting my network preferences plist. Then I restarted and I now had the option to add 'Ethernet' instead of 'Ethernet Adapter en02'. Once I added the Ethernet I added my Wifi and connected with that and I could log into the app store.

woooowwww :D :D :D :D :D :D

I was really frustrated because it was impossible for me to login app store & login ICLOUD.
I followed UNOE instructions, rebooted my mackintosh and vuala!!! it worked like a charm!

I failed connecting to the appstore and itunes store as well with my newly installed hackintosh under Lion. I found a working solution : in the ethernet settings I restricted IPv6 to local network. Then I was able to launch appstore an itunes store.
I'll give you details about my config very soon.

Cheers,

narsytojas said:
UserOSX said:
Another report of successfully using the Mac App Store in OS X 10.7 (Retail).

The thing that did the trick was injecting the EFI string of the onboard ethernet controller in com.apple.Boot.plist

Used EFI studio 1.1 (http://www.mediafire.com/?xz14ytrmddo) which is fully compatible with Lion, selected "Ethernet device", clicked on "Add Device" and finally asked it to write the string it found to com.apple.boot.plist (located in /L/P/SC). Then I opened the edited file with TextEdit and came across this:

<key>device-properties</key>
<string>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</string>

(where x is the ethernet device EFI string)
I then carefully copied the above lines, opened the com.apple.Boot.plist (this time located in /E), and pasted the copied content. I also added those 2 lines:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

and then closed all open files.

I also deleted all network connections displayed in System Preferences/Network prefpane and I also trashed NetworkInterfaces.plist (located in /L/P/SC).

Following a reboot, I manually added a new network service using the (+) button in System Preferences/Network, only this time the system auto-named it "Ethernet" (instead of "Ethernet adaptor en0") which implies that the network card/interface is seen as an original built in (original Mac style).

AppStore login worked naturally, giving me download access to all apps.

Special thx/credit to the authors of all those helpful posts that led to this solution.

First time poster, long time lurker...

This fix above worked for me. I tried everything else mentioned on this site to no avail. This was the trick. Definitely identifying lan as "ethernet" instead of "ethernet adaptor en0" was the solution. Downloading Lion now (finally). Thanks!

I think I've done some damage to my customac.
  • The Ethernet BuiltIn string is present [/*:m:2bckk6e9]
  • Went to System Preferences/Network and removed all items[/*:m:2bckk6e9]
  • Went to L/P/SC and moved NetworkInterfaces.plist to the Desktop[/*:m:2bckk6e9]
  • Added PCIRootUID string to com.apple.Boot.plist[/*:m:2bckk6e9]

Each of those steps from the original post didn't solve my attempts to download Lion from the App Store.

Now I have a new issue after making all of those changes -- iTunes will not start. I get an error message and the ability to send to Apple. The error message is extremely long. Since i began receiving the error message, I have installed the new 10.5.1 version of iTunes, but the error message persists. Is there a relevant part of the error message that would help me diagnose what to troubleshoot?

Hi,
I found this topic after many hours of fighting and swearing, and I'd like to confirm that deleting various .plist files didn't solve the issue… until I put the PCIRootUID=1 :)

Now I managed to log into AppStore with my account.

By the way, I'm running Lion 10.7.2 – but this topic provided the solution so I guess my post is not OT ;)

iTunes still works correctly.
Not sure what does exactly that option changes. One side-effect is that now 64-bit kernel is enabled :D

Cheers

Your procedure worked, without formatting.
Happy like a piggy in the mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back