Contribute
Register

Sign in app store issues after 10.6.8 & Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sign in app store issues after 10.6.8 update Fix

jhrfc said:
I've successfully fixed being able to log into the app store by adding my ethernet efi string using efi studio as above.
The problem is, I then lose my gtx 285 graphics card, reverting to vesa only functions.
Can you somehow combine two efi strings into one? any tutorials or links on how to do it?
Cheers
Jon

To answer my own question. I converted the hex string for my graphics card to a plist using gfxutil, then combined with the ethernet card plot entry to create
a combined one which i then made into a hex string with gfxutil, and added to my boot.plist file.
I now can sing into that app store and still have proper graphics functions.
Thanks for the tip.
Jon

Hello,

I've been having this problem for awhile now, and its hampering me from upgrading to Lion (and using my GTX 560 Ti). I've tried the EthernetBuiltIn options, and that's having no effect. One thing that I haven't noticed in this thread is that there is no mention of a serial port.

I'm using a H55M-E33 Motherboard and a WMP300N.. which doesn't get much attention around here.
Anyways, My network interfaces list as the following:

Airport
Built-in Serial Port (1) ?
Built-in Serial Port (2) ?

There was an option for Ethernet, but it used the Bond0 slot, as compared to En0/1. I recently found out I installed Lnx2Mac's drivers, as well as the standard Realtek drivers supplied through Multibeast. You mentioned something about removing the Lnx2Mac drivers and using the Realtek GB drivers.
Exactly how did you remove the Lnx2Mac kexts? Maybe doing this, then upgrading the Realtek kext will resolve my issue.

However, you mentioned that most of these problems were caused by the Ethernet being in slot En1 (or En0, i dont remember). Because my Airport doesn't take up slot En0 or En1.. what do I do?

Heres the snippet from my networkprefferences.plist:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Interfaces</key>
	<array>
		<dict>
			<key>Active</key>
			<true/>
			<key>BSD Name</key>
			<string>en0</string>
			<key>IOBuiltin</key>
			<true/>
			<key>IOInterfaceType</key>
			<integer>6</integer>
			<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
			<key>IOMACAddress</key>
			<data>
			ABpwPKW0
			</data>
			<key>IOPathMatch</key>
			<string>IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/BR1E@1E/IOPCI2PCIBridge/pci14e4,4329@0/AirPort_Brcm43xx/AirPort_Brcm43xxInterface</string>
			<key>SCNetworkInterfaceInfo</key>
			<dict>
				<key>UserDefinedName</key>
				<string>AirPort</string>
			</dict>
			<key>SCNetworkInterfaceType</key>
			<string>IEEE80211</string>
		</dict>
	</array>
</dict>
</plist>

Any tips?

Also, PCIRootUID=1 causes a system hang while booting.

addmaus said:
this has finally worked for me after having tried all options in this post

1) make sure this is added to your boot.plist in your folder named "extra"

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

2) check your network settings if the virtual ethernet card is showing in the list

This was my problem all the time and the reason why none of the methods worked, cause if there is no ethernet card showing in your network, point nr 1) cant work

3) if its not in the list and apple does not give you the option to add it, then you have to go to your multibeast and reinstall the network drivers for ethernet... I have used all three options within multibeast, one of those three made the virtual ethernet card show up in my network configuration..

4) delete your networkconnections.plist in library/preferences/system...

5) reboot

6) go to networks and add back your ethernet card and configure it.. (if you dont use it, still assign an IP adress and it will fake connect).. in case this is your internet connection, configure it as usual

7) if you use wifi (which I did), configure your wifi connection second

8) now you should be able to login to the appstore (at least I did)

no efi string, no other stuff...all the other strings here added to my boot.plist killed my apple cinema display..

the problem was the missing ethernet card in my networks settings... if your one does show, deinstall and reinstall as above..that should work as well..

Good luck...

Natascha

This method worked for me! Running 10.7 and I was indeed missing the Ethernet device in my Network Preferences Pane. Installed the Realtek official driver using MultiBeast, removed NetworkPreferences.plist, and rebooted.

I had to then remove and re-add all of my network devices, as the names were all wrong. (Ethernet was listed as Wi-Fi, and Wi-Fi listed as Ethernet). I added Wi-Fi back first, and then Ethernet. I didn't need to assign an IP to the Ethernet either, as its un-cabled.

Once I did that, App Store was finally able to login and download updates.

Thanks!

I have this issue signing in (Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance.) but recently after updating i moved my pc. now im using a Asus USB-N13 Wifi adaptor, can anyone help me set it up.

PLEASE :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

thanks j :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball:

Hi, it's been an hour i've read almost every post of this topic. All day long i've been installing my mac on this PC.
Now i've got finally 10,6,8 running smoothly and without troubles.

Yet i want the Lion but i got the same problem: can't login to the App Store, i've tried the solutions below without success. I've tried the PCIRoot instruction or whatever, it made my system crash and this is my third attempt!

Please help me, i'm tired lol. How to log in pleeeaaase?

i managed to connect my account but every time i try to download something i downloaded previously, or Lion, i'm stuck here and nothing changes:

(the blank is of curse filled with my email adress)

What worked for me in 10.7.1 was combined EFI injection of ethernet and graphics. Thanks !! :D

UNOE said:
I just made a custom EFI string to get a both my Graphics cards working along with the app store this was not to hard yet it seemed impossible as I started. I'm going to give you the total break down most of you know all this but many people reading don't know where com.apple.Boot.plist....
So I added - <key>device-properties</key> <string>cb0400000100..........05b4546495d</string> to the file 'com.apple.Boot.plist' that is in the Extra folder in the root of the install the way I made me EFI string for my GTX570 is I found out during boot one of my 570's one had a '3' and one '7' like so
PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x7,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
When I created the first string with 'OSX86 tools' I saved it as a Plist then from there I opened the plist and duplicated the line and changed one of the '3' to '7' I also had to change the DVI lines So I changed the '0' and '1' from the first line and added '2' and '3' on the second line details. Also changed the 'A' and 'B' it looked like this
<key>@2,compatible</key>
<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
<key>@2,device_type</key>
<string>display</string>
<key>@2,name</key>
<string>NVDA,Display-C</string>
<key>@3,compatible</key>
<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
<key>@3,device_type</key>
<string>display</string>
<key>@3,name</key>
<string>NVDA,Display-D</string>
after I created my Custom Graphics plist I saved, then I created a plist for my ethernet and saved it
When I had both Ethernet and graphics plist done. I used OSX86 tools and used 'Combine Hex Strings' then I found both plist and highlighted both files and opened them at the same time. Then I had my new Custom EFI String. I then Copy and pasted the Long string to com.apple.Boot.plist' under the 'Extra' Folder like so first <key>device-properties</key> then <string>cb0400000100..........05b4546495d</string> [Please Note:your string will be really long] this is a shorten example.
This was really amazing this is what fixed my App Store and also allowed both of my Graphics cards to show up. It was very simple and I learned something today.

Question.. I already have both of my strings. I already made my GFX string and Ethernet string, and osx86 tools won't let you paste in the text. It seems to only combine files that are on the HD. How do I approach that?

jhrfc said:
jhrfc said:
I've successfully fixed being able to log into the app store by adding my ethernet efi string using efi studio as above.
The problem is, I then lose my gtx 285 graphics card, reverting to vesa only functions.
Can you somehow combine two efi strings into one? any tutorials or links on how to do it?
Cheers
Jon

To answer my own question. I converted the hex string for my graphics card to a plist using gfxutil, then combined with the ethernet card plot entry to create
a combined one which i then made into a hex string with gfxutil, and added to my boot.plist file.
I now can sing into that app store and still have proper graphics functions.
Thanks for the tip.
Jon

How did you convert your hex string? Was it a file or did you paste the string from your plist into terminal?

If anyone knows if you can enter in strings right into gfxutil in terminal could you explain the format of the command?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back