Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
dell 5180
CPU
intel
Graphics
nvidia
Sierra 10.12.4, Intel Xeon 3.7 Ghz, NVDIA Quadro 600, Samsung 840 SSD. USB 3.0 ports at 2.0 only.

Last edited:
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm trying to get my T1650 i3-3225 to work.

Any tips on how you got it installed? I can't even get to the installer. I used unibeast. Normal boot flags don't seem to work, nor BIOS setting.

...I'm trying to get my T1650 i3-3225 to work.

Can you confirm that you have a Dell Precision T1650 with a Core i3-3225 processor? I'm trying to upgrade my T1650 with an i3-3225 and it doesn't complete POST.

According to the Dell Spec Sheet, this machine supports "3rd generation Intel® Core i7 and i5; 2nd generation Intel Core i3".

So I'm guessing that the i3-3225 is not supported. If you can confirm that it DOES work, then I may just have a damaged processor.

It worked fine in windows. Maybe update the BIOS with the older working CPU. Reseat RAM, clear BIOS, maybe remove battery from motherboard with it unplugged from the wall. let it sit for a while. Tap power button to help drain builtup power in the system. Then replace the battery and plug it back in and power it on. It should recognize the CPU.

It's hard to damage the CPU, but not impossible. Check the CPU socket in the light and look for bent or misaligned pins.

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't see any problems, but blowing a can of compressed air on the CPU socket got it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back