CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just recently built a computer from parts from the buyer's guide (i5 6500, Asus Z170-E) and followed the step by step guide to install MacOS Sierra on this system. Everything went smoothly from Creating the USB drive and booting/installing the OS onto the SSD. The big problem is post installation; The OS refuses to boot from the system's SSD. I used multibeast to install all the neccesary drivers I need, but after the restart and unplugging the USB drive, the bar under the apple logo goes to about 40%, then some text appears in the corner of the monitor, and the computer restarts. I plugged the USB back in and booted with the USB. Only with the USB am I able to get to the home screen but it takes a couple of minutes. On the Home screen, everything seems laggy and slow. Not sure what to do

Just recently built a computer from parts from the buyer's guide (i5 6500, Asus Z170-E) and followed the step by step guide to install MacOS Sierra on this system. Everything went smoothly from Creating the USB drive and booting/installing the OS onto the SSD. The big problem is post installation; The OS refuses to boot from the system's SSD. I used multibeast to install all the neccesary drivers I need, but after the restart and unplugging the USB drive, the bar under the apple logo goes to about 40%, then some text appears in the corner of the monitor, and the computer restarts. I plugged the USB back in and booted with the USB. Only with the USB am I able to get to the home screen but it takes a couple of minutes. On the Home screen, everything seems laggy and slow. Not sure what to do
  • Since the USB Installer works ( booted and installed the System on SSD), its CLOVER has the right contents to make it bootable all the way to the installation screen.
  • Logically, if you copy and paste that CLOVER folder from your USB installer to replace the CLOVER folder inside the the System SSD which by your post has already had a Clover EFI boot loader installed using Multibeast [ I guessed the version as 9.1.0.], the System disk should boot without the Sierra USB Installer.
  • First, click Finder (near Apple on Top ) >Preferences [√] all 4 boxes to get your Disk icons on Right side of Desktop for easy access.
  • The CLOVER folder of both the Sierra USB Installer disk and Sierra System SSD is in their respective EFI Partitions .
  • EFI Partition contains a folder by name EFI which holds CLOVER and the rest of the Folder structure including config.plist
  • EFI Partition is hidden and needs to be mounted on the desktop, to click through to your target to copy, CLOVER
  • You can download Clover Configurator-Vibrant (CC-V) from http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-mac.php?version=vibrant
  • Launch CC-V and click on Mount EFI >
  • Locate your USB and System disks in the bottom half of CC-V window [See image]
  • First. Mount EFI Partition of Sierra USB Installer [See image]
  • Navigate from Desktop EFI >EFI>CLOVER and Right- click CLOVER and Copy it [See image]
  • Next Mount EFI partition of Sierra System Disk
  • Navigate to its CLOVER and Delete .
  • Paste the previously copied CLOVER to replace the trashed CLOVER.
  • Reboot System disk to enter Clover Boot Manager and boot.

Attachments

• 1.EFI partition of USB Installer Mounted on Desktop with CC-V.png
    1.EFI partition of USB Installer Mounted on Desktop with CC-V.png
    536.5 KB · Views: 210
  • 2.Copy CLOVER from EFI_EFI of USB .png
    2.Copy CLOVER from EFI_EFI of USB .png
    561.2 KB · Views: 205
Hey guys.

Really sorry to jump into this thread but It seems I'm getting the same problem and need a little help.

I'm able to install Sierra fine to my SSD from my unibeast USB but after running Multibeast and setting my respective settings for my system I restart and when I boot from my ssd it stays stuck on the white apple logo and only loads about 60%.

So I get this right:

before/after I run multi beast for my hardware settings I need to open clover configurator and mount my EFI from my USB and grab the clover folder and copy that then replace the clover folder from the EFI mount from the ssd with Sierra?

Do I then eject the USB? Then reboot and then it should boot from the ssd right?

This is my first hackingtosh build so any help will be greatly received.

Last edited:
  • Since the USB Installer works ( booted and installed the System on SSD), its CLOVER has the right contents to make it bootable all the way to the installation screen.
  • Logically, if you copy and paste that CLOVER folder from your USB installer to replace the CLOVER folder inside the the System SSD which by your post has already had a Clover EFI boot loader installed using Multibeast [ I guessed the version as 9.1.0.], the System disk should boot without the Sierra USB Installer.
  • First, click Finder (near Apple on Top ) >Preferences [√] all 4 boxes to get your Disk icons on Right side of Desktop for easy access.
  • The CLOVER folder of both the Sierra USB Installer disk and Sierra System SSD is in their respective EFI Partitions .
  • EFI Partition contains a folder by name EFI which holds CLOVER and the rest of the Folder structure including config.plist
  • EFI Partition is hidden and needs to be mounted on the desktop, to click through to your target to copy, CLOVER
  • You can download Clover Configurator-Vibrant (CC-V) from http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-mac.php?version=vibrant
  • Launch CC-V and click on Mount EFI >
  • Locate your USB and System disks in the bottom half of CC-V window [See image]
  • First. Mount EFI Partition of Sierra USB Installer [See image]
  • Navigate from Desktop EFI >EFI>CLOVER and Right- click CLOVER and Copy it [See image]
  • Next Mount EFI partition of Sierra System Disk
  • Navigate to its CLOVER and Delete .
  • Paste the previously copied CLOVER to replace the trashed CLOVER.
  • Reboot System disk to enter Clover Boot Manager and boot.
(sorry for the late response) Okay so I did everything you told me to but as soon as i restarted and took out the USB drive, i got to the bootloader and there are no drives to select to boot into MacOS(check image)...Did I do something wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_8285.jpg
    IMG_8285.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 166
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back