Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA Z170MX Gaming 5
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 980 G1 Gaming
Hey guys!

I've recently successfully built a hackintosh with the help of this community, so thanks a lot for all these guides and helpful posts on this website!

The only issue that remains is a wake up problem of the computer. After a few minutes of sleep, the computer won't wake up properly. The fans start spinning but the screen (connected via DisplayPort) and the backlight of my keyboard stay black. Not even the reset button does respond in this scenario (I have force shutdown the computer by holding the power button).

It doesn't matter if I try to wake it up by pressing a key on the keyboard or the power button on the computer.
Following the advice of some posts in this forum, I've set darkwake=0. Unfortunately this has not fixed my problem.

I'm running macOS 10.12.4 and the hackintosh identifies as iMac 14.2. My hardware setup is basically the recommended CustoMac mATX hardware:

Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 (F20 Bios)
Core i7-6700K
Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (16GB)
2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo (1 for Windows and 1 for mac OS)

Any advice?

As I've understood, there's ten stages of darkwake, which haven't been documented, or at least aren't available on internet through Google search. You can try them all by setting darkwake=0,1,2... ...9 and trying it out. If you'll find documentation about different states of darkwake flag in cover, please do share the link. I would love to read it.

As you can read from my sleep problem thread, the problem can be pretty vague and hard to spot exactly. I would start my troubleshoot by disabling absolutely everything not needed to boot up the system and control it (probably SATA for SSD/HDD and USB functions for keyboard and mouse, unless you're able to use PS/2 connectors) from BIOS and work my way up from there if that solves the issue.

Sleep problems are among most common ones and are really hard to fix unless you can narrow down the resisting component of your setup.

...oh, and jsut to let you know, my sleep problem got, mostly, solved by detaching the DVD drive. Just disabling the SATA channel from BIOS did not help.

As I've understood, there's ten stages of darkwake, which haven't been documented, or at least aren't available on internet through Google search. You can try them all by setting darkwake=0,1,2... ...9 and trying it out. If you'll find documentation about different states of darkwake flag in cover, please do share the link. I would love to read it.

As you can read from my sleep problem thread, the problem can be pretty vague and hard to spot exactly. I would start my troubleshoot by disabling absolutely everything not needed to boot up the system and control it (probably SATA for SSD/HDD and USB functions for keyboard and mouse, unless you're able to use PS/2 connectors) from BIOS and work my way up from there if that solves the issue.

Sleep problems are among most common ones and are really hard to fix unless you can narrow down the resisting component of your setup.

...oh, and jsut to let you know, my sleep problem got, mostly, solved by detaching the DVD drive. Just disabling the SATA channel from BIOS did not help.

Alright thanks...it really seems to be a tough problem... I will start by trying to change the darkwake setting. I'll keep you updated!

Any luck?

I'm on 10.12.4 as well, and my computer is not waking up from deep sleep/overnight.

z170X Designare, 6700k, iMac14,2 SMBIOS.

Have not tried any darkwake settings yet.

Any luck?

I'm on 10.12.4 as well, and my computer is not waking up from deep sleep/overnight.

z170X Designare, 6700k, iMac14,2 SMBIOS.

Have not tried any darkwake settings yet.

I tried all of the darkwake settings that are available in the Clover Configurator but unfortunately without any success. I still don't know a solution to the problem.

Actually I just connected the hacktinosh to my tv and it wakes up without any problem while connected over HDMI. So I think my problem is either caused by using an iMac as a monitor or just because of the DisplayPort connection in general.

I've currently set the darkwake setting to 8 and checked the FixShutdown option.

Actually I just connected the hacktinosh to my tv and it wakes up without any problem while connected over HDMI. So I think my problem is either caused by using an iMac as a monitor or just because of the DisplayPort connection in general.

I've currently set the darkwake setting to 8 and checked the FixShutdown option.

I ran into a similar issue:
3x UHD Monitors connected via DP to my GTX 970 caused a random sleep/wake issue.
When waking the hackintosh (via vnc or manually) I often got a black screen. Could ssh to it from another computer, but that was about it. Only solution was a hard reset.
Whatfinally fixed it for me: I ordered 3 Club3D DP1.2 to HDMI 2.0 adapters and connected my displays via hdmi 2.0. And since then no more waking issues.
I figured that it had something to do with DisplayPort, as hdmi was working flawlessly in my test scenario. The Club3D Adapters are only necessary because of 4K and 60HZ (OSX does not yet support hdmi 2.0).

I have similar issue too:
sleep was fine, when I tried to wake it up , it's cpu fan will start spinning, mouse and keyboard got power, but monitor still dark, wait about 30 seconds, it will restart automate,

Anybody figured out a solution to this yet? I'm having similar problems.

I have 'Fix Shutdown' checked in Clover configurator. When the computer goes to sleep I can wake it up fine with my mouse or keyboard, but if it has been asleep for a long time (I guess called 'Deep Sleep") I can't it to display anything. Have to hard reset the machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back