1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

Yesterday did not have a proper shutdown with my Sierra setup, heard a few beeps, sign that my BIOS reset by itself. Happened a few times over the years, easy solution until now. Today restarted, went into my BIOS, setup the parameters properly, restarted and suddenly I'm no longer able to boot with clover getting stuck at b1f:init6.

I keep several backups, one latest Sierra system backup, one El Capitan, one Yosemite, all on separate HDDs, all booting with Clover. Trying to boot from them, also leaves me stuck at the same boot error.

My Sierra install USB rescue stick also gives the same result.

The only thing booting is my Win7 HDD and an older Mavericks that still uses Chimera. These 2 boot fine.

First I thought that there was some issue with my BIOS, but since Windows and Chimera/Mavericks are booting, there must be something wrong with Clover.

Can't figure it out. Tried to re-install Clover, no change. Mounted EFI partitions and replaced older boot and EFI folder with backups, also did not work.

What am I doing wrong? Hope someone can help me out here. Spent the whole day trying to figure it out, don't know what else to try.

Are you sure you can work in Windows without experiencing a shut down like you do in OSX and you experience no delays booting into Windows?
This sounds like a hardware issue, possibly isolated to the drive containing Sierra, but boot problems and random shutdowns to me usually suggest power supply problems.
You can try installing Sierra to a different drive and see if that solves the issue. It is easier to reformat the Sierra drive and run software tests on it via Windows if that is an option for you.

I can boot to both my windows drives using F12 to select them. Work fine, used them for almost the entire day, even for some heavy gaming. My other Chimera/Mavericks also boots and works fine, also used it for several hours.

While one particular setup might get corrupted, what I don't understand is how 2 USB Unibeast install sticks and 4 separate and independent HDD with clover system clones suddenly no longer boot, all getting stuck at the same point, b1f:init6

First I thought that there was a harware issue, but if that were the case, neither Windows nor chimera/mavericks would work either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back