3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have tried everything
1. Updating clover to latest
2. Copying FakeSMC to Other
3. Fiddling with SMBIOS
4. Using HFSPlus instead of VBoxHFS

Nothing is working. It always gets stuck on this screen and waits forever. The spinner shows up in the top left corner of the verbose mode but I can't move it. Can someone please help me?

Attachments

• IMG_1941.JPG
    IMG_1941.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,765
Downgrading to 3726 version works but I don't know the reason.

Okay, I was able to get past this error. In my case, I was booting from the El Capitan EFI which obviously had a ancient version of clover. Once I rebooted with the right boot device, the error went away. There are other hickups. I will post a guide soon if I get it working.

Good luck.

Sierra install getting stuck on AppleACPICPU on my z97x-ud5h. I tried clover r3763, r3751 and r3726. No success here yet.

r3726 should have worked but if it doesn't, try this. Edit config.plist and insert the following between Graphics.

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectEDID</key>
<false/>
</dict>

Thanks for the help guys. Post #7 made me realize when I was mounting EFI with EFI Mounter v.3 in El Capitan, it wasn't mounting the correct partition. I haven't fussed with this machine in a long time, otherwise I would have immediately seen it was the wrong partition. Anyway, I used Clover Configurator to mount the correct EFI partition in El Capitan and then copied my kexts from the 10.10 folder to the "Other" folder. Bingo, I'm now typing this from Sierra! Yay!

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys. Post #7 made me realize when I was mounting EFI with EFI Mounter v.3 in El Capitan, it wasn't mounting the correct partition. I haven't fussed with this machine in a long time, otherwise I would have immediately seen it was the wrong partition. Anyway, I used Clover Configurator to mount the correct EFI partition in El Capitan and then copied my kexts from the 10.10 folder to the "Other" folder. Bingo, I'm now typing this from Sierra! Yay!
Glad that its working. I was able to install Sierra. But I changed the SMBIOS from iMac 14 to iMac 17 and now I am getting a black display. And also, when I am booting from my USB, I get the old pages below 0x100000 Not found error. Does anyone know what that error means by the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back