Contribute
Register

Sierra slow ethernet speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would it be a big undertaking to connect an ethernet cable between the nas and the pc ?

I cannot move the NAS nor my PC and they are far away (as far they can be in a home environment) from each other. But based on the windows results I wouldn't assume that it matters much. But non the less I'll try with the macbook just for curiosity.

Also I've attached the ioreg to my previous post.

I cannot move the NAS nor my PC and they are far away (as far they can be in a home environment) from each other. But based on the windows results I wouldn't assume that it matters much. But non the less I'll try with the macbook just for curiosity.

Also I've attached the ioreg to my previous post.

Ioreg looks fine. Ethernet is being seen properly. Attach Screenshots of System Preferences -> Network.

Ioreg looks fine. Ethernet is being seen properly. Attach Screenshots of System Preferences -> Network.

Sorry for the delayed response, I had to switch back to windows to get things done. I attached a couple of screenshots about the network config to this post.

@manny_c I already I did disable SMB signing, and found the recommendation somewhere about the sendfile and put it in my config. I reverted back to SMBv1, the issue still present (tired every SMB version).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 18.05.20.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 18.05.20.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 174
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 18.05.40.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 18.05.40.png
    49 KB · Views: 201
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 18.07.00.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 18.07.00.png
    181.6 KB · Views: 206
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 18.07.11.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 18.07.11.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 218
Sorry for the delayed response, I had to switch back to windows to get things done. I attached a couple of screenshots about the network config to this post.

@manny_c I already I did disable SMB signing, and found the recommendation somewhere about the sendfile and put it in my config. I reverted back to SMBv1, the issue still present (tired every SMB version).

I know with some of those NAS Enclosures they have problems with OS X/macOS one of the reasons why i built a NAS myself. FYI having Configure IPV4 set to manual you may find that you can't connect to your Router. At this time I'm out of ideas.

Sounds like an issue with the SMB implementation on Sierra and your NAS. You could test it by doing a new share on a Windows computer and test the transfer speed. Also, have you tried SMBup?

http://eduo.info/apps/smbup

Sounds like a issue with the SMB implementation on Sierra and your NAS. You could test it by doing a new share on a Windows computer and test the transfer speed. Also, have you tried SMBup?

http://eduo.info/apps/smbup

SMB works perfectly fine in macOS. I use SMB on Windows you can also use cifs which also works fine. Actually cifs is a lot faster. My Server runs macOS Server also works fine in Kodi and Linux.

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 16.58.59.png

SMB works perfectly fine in macOS. I use SMB on Windows you can also use cifs which also works fine. Actually cifs is a lot faster. My Server runs macOS Server also works fine in Kodi and Linux.

View attachment 272412

CIFS is SMB, they're same protocol. As far as I know, Apple uses SMBx, a house implementation of SMB2 and it hasn't been updated since Mavericks I believe (hence the SMBup fix). That's why I suggested a new share between the Hackintosh and a Windows PC, so he can find if the issue is in the hack or the NAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back