Asus n552vw
CPU
I7 6700HQ
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 960m Intel hd 530 3840x2160 UHD Screen
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi!

Im having problems with the hd 530 on sierra. I have researched everywhere with no success. Im not very familiar with dsdt patching so any help would be appreciated. Uploaded a report with my full system specs. Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• Report.html.zip
    63 KB · Views: 91
Hi!

Im having problems with the hd 530 on sierra. I have researched everywhere with no success. Im not very familiar with dsdt patching so any help would be appreciated. Uploaded a report with my full system specs. Thanks in advance!!
To get the HD 530 graphics card working, use the config.plist from RehabMan for the HD 530.
The download link is available in the Clover guide linked by RehabMan in post #2.

To get the HD 530 graphics card working, use the config.plist from RehabMan for the HD 530.
The download link is available in the Clover guide linked by RehabMan in post #2.
Sorry for replying so late I have been busy with college. I tried using that plist, but I got stuck on the apple logo. Whats funny is that Sierra loaded correctly. I can tell by the hdd light and my bluetooth mouse being connected. I got stuck here :(

Attachments

• 2017-05-02 20.37.29.jpg
    2017-05-02 20.37.29.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 105
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 65
OK here is a picture of boot in verbose mode and my clover attached. If i use my normal config.plist it boots normally with the same messages

Your config.plist is not from my guide...
And your profile is not filled out as requested in the guide (screen resolution missing).
You can separate problems with graphics from other issues by booting with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).

Your config.plist is not from my guide...
And your profile is not filled out as requested in the guide (screen resolution missing).
You can separate problems with graphics from other issues by booting with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).
Sorry I forgot about the screen. Yes it is, i have yours and my original, because if i use the .plist for hd530 i cannot boot. Ill report back. Thanks!

OK I managed to boot with your plist using the invalid ig, but im not sure how to go on from here :(. Obviously I still have the 31 mb on the hd 530

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back