Graphics
Gainward GTX 1060 6GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I followed the installation guide to install Sierra on my PC. Everything worked ± fine all along, that was great. I even managed to boot Sierra and played around with it.

I have a MSI B150M Bazooka mobo, along with a i5-6500 and a GTX 1060.

Now that was yesterday. When I boot up today, my Hackintosh randomly shuts down in the middle of the Apple screen (loading bar underneath the apple).

I ran -v and tried to get the whole picture, hope somebody can help me out. Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_2039.JPG
    IMG_2039.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 534
I ran -v and tried to get the whole picture, hope somebody can help me out.
"Rebuilding catalog B-tree"
"The volume Sierra could not be repaired"

This is a sign of corrupt storage disk directory structure.

Boot the Mac into Single User Mode (-s available via space bar at Clover menu)
How to Enter/Edit Boot Flags in Clover

When the Single User boot sequence has finished, you’ll find a small command prompt at the bottom of the screen prefixed by a hash sign (#), when you see that type the following command exactly:
Code:
fsck -fy
Once fsck completes, if you see a “File system was modified” message, then you should run “fsck -fy” again until you see a message stating “The volume (name) appears to be OK” – this is standard procedure of using fsck

Type “reboot” to leave Single User Mode.

If that doesn't work search Google for "rebuilding catalog b-tree".

Thanks for your help.

I'm afraid that didn't work. I proceeded and re-installed Sierra following the guidelines. Everything runs fine, at least until I boot on Win10 and switch back to Sierra.

Could that be that Windows is somehow doing something (bad) to the drive on which Sierra is installed? Like change its format or something?

Help is appreciated, thank you!

Same here! And I have lost some files in the process. I have 1 SSD (only Sierra) and 1 HD (windows 10 + Sierra BKP + FILES) and after a couple of times I had boot directly into windows after I went to Sierra it happen. This is the second time I had to re-install Sierra. Disk Utility is unable to repair both disks (SSD and HD)...

Just started having this issue as well, did any of you resolve the cause? Did it happen again after reinstall?

@fluxrad, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back