Contribute
Register

Sierra Setup: GIGABYTE GA-H170N-WIFI + i5 6500 + ZOTAC GTX 1050 Ti + Ballistix Sport LT 16GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-H170N-WIFI
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
ZOTAC GTX 1050 Ti Low Profile
Hey guys,

since my last build was not successful because my mainboard was broken somehow (the displayport didn't work at all and I need it for 60 hz 3440x1440 on my Dell U3415w) I ordered new hardware now.

Tower:
SilverStone SST-CS01S Mini-ITX

Monitor:
DELL u3415w Ultrawide 3440x1440

- MB-: GIGABYTE GA-H170N-WIFI + BCM94352Z module
- CPU: Intel i5 6500
- GFX: ZOTAC GTX 1050 Ti Low Profile
- SDD: Samsung 850 EVO
- RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x8GB)
- PSU: Silverstone SST-ST30SF 300W

Since the Mainboard has no native Displayport, I have to go for an external GPU. But since the new 10xx series seems to work now, I think I did a good choice in terms of power consumption and performance.

So, these items are ordered now, but basically I just want to know if theres anything that won't work in this setup.

What I need:

- Bluetooth + Wifi working (Bluetooth is more important since I can go with the Ethernet slot.
- 3440x1440 60hz over Displayport from the 1050 Ti to the Dell u3415w (Display and the card supports it)

I will go for Sierra, since I also use this on my Macbook Pro 15".

I know about the Bluetooth + Wifi foxes for the BCM94352Z Module and about the webdrivers for the nvidia.
Is there anything else to keep in my mind for my setup when I go with Unibeast first?

Cheers,
Nils

Is there anything else to keep in my mind for my setup when I go with Unibeast first?

It looks like you have covered everything I would think about when doing my build. That should be a very nice build and I really like that case.

It looks like you have covered everything I would think about when doing my build. That should be a very nice build and I really like that case.

Thanks! I first wanted some more Mac Pro Design case, but all of them are not available yet, so I went for this instead. I maybe will update to a bigger GPU (1070, 1080) later this year and will upgrade to another case then, when they're available.

I will update this post when my missing hardware is here and I made some progress.

So, basically I got my Full Build almost perfectly working.

What's working so far:

- WIFI + BT Working correctly, I even work with 2 Bluetooth Devices and tried some WIFI.
- 3440x1440 with DELL u3415w
- Everything else I tried so far worked out of the box.

Whats not working:

- Audio over DP, so Im out of Audio (except Chromecast stuff).

Any idea?

So, basically I got my Full Build almost perfectly working.

What's working so far:

- WIFI + BT Working correctly, I even work with 2 Bluetooth Devices and tried some WIFI.
- 3440x1440 with DELL u3415w
- Everything else I tried so far worked out of the box.

Whats not working:

- Audio over DP, so Im out of Audio (except Chromecast stuff).

Any idea?
What guide did you use???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back