Contribute
Register

Sierra - Security Update 2017-001 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, since I have updated I can't switch off my hackintosh.

The OS shuts down, then black screen. Vents and Mobo still on and running.
I have to press the on/off button to turn the mackintosh totally off!

Troubles with power management?
Thanx

Think I've updated to this without knowing about the NVIDIA issue.
I now reboot and now stops loading on boot.
Re-booted from backup drive, but that was really slow, lagging, jerky, beach ball.
Any ideas how to get it back to normal? Do I need to update the NVIDIA ?

rats.. have been through many successful updates on current system but this one killed my nvidia driver. I updated to latest driver and no luck. I usually have to edit
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist and change B809C3757DA9BB8D to "none". Was never able to get the automatic patches to work. Maybe I need to change some stuff in my clover settings (like inject nvidia)? Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-11-04 01.05.53.jpg
    Screenshot 2017-11-04 01.05.53.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
switched to MacPro 5,1 and all good now.. MacPro 6,1 had the same issue. strange that I have gotten through 4-5 system updates with B809C3757DA9BB8D board ID and only ran into issues now.

Updated without problems.
Switched to intel graphic card. Did update. Switched to Nvidia graphic card, updated driver. Works well

I, too, thought security updates were safe, so I installed them, and rebooted and get kernel panic. I do have a clone/backup of my boot drive from back when I first set all this up, so i can boot now (of course none of my apps, etc.), and I can see my "normal" boot drive, but how do I fix this when the drive I am booting from is not the drive that needs to be fixed?

FYI, the kernel panic references AppleHDAController and dependency kexts IOPCIFamily, IOAudioFamily, IOHDAFamily and IOGraphicsFamily.

Need some help here. I tried a few things, like clover boot options (unchecked "use nvidiawebdrivers") and using an AMD card instead of nvidia but no luck.

What if to update Nvidia web drivers first and then apply the security update? Will work?

Updated without problems.
Switched to intel graphic card. Did update. Switched to Nvidia graphic card, updated driver. Works well

I'm trying to understand how this works. You took your nvidia card out of the system, and booted with intel graphics. You did the update, and shut down. Then put the nvidia card back in. At this point why didn't your system crash since you have nvidia but not the updated driver? How is it you were able to boot an updated system on old nvidia drivers and be able to install the new drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back