Contribute
Register

Sierra - Security Update 2017-001 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="Boot into single user mode (-s) and run the following:

Code:
fsck_hfs -y -Rc -d /dev/disk0s2
If at the end of it running it fails to fix all issues, just run it again and it will make another pass and complete the repair.
Reboot and you're done.
Of course, disk0s2 is the location of my particular HDD, and yours may differ. You need to work that out.[/QUOTE]
I ran this command twice and my ssd still could not be repaired :/

Attachments

• 20171126_170936.jpg
    20171126_170936.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 105
Updated without problems.
Switched to intel graphic card. Did update. Switched to Nvidia graphic card, updated driver. Works well
This worked for me too! Thanks so much :)

Just to clarify.

After the OSX update my machine crashed, as many show on this thread.
I restored to pre update state from a backup drive. I did not remove my Nvidia card. I chose the IGFX in the bios, and of course moved the monitor wires over. Then started up, the machine ignored the card and used the Apple drivers for IGFX, glitchy but okay. As soon as I logged in, the Nvidia update popped up and allowed me to download the correct drivers. Restarted and all was good.

Last edited:
Yes, already gone through that process last year when installing and had all that in place and everything was running fine, smooth, fast, not one problem. Now I'm completely stuck as I've got a CCC Backup of the main drive but can't reboot from that.
Running Clover from a USB to try and Safe Boot or as I saw in another thread turn off Lilu, NVIDIA kexts but nothing working and I've spent the last 48hrs trying to fix it.. when I should have left it alone in the first place..

Yes, already gone through that process last year when installing and had all that in place and everything was running fine, smooth, fast, not one problem. Now I'm completely stuck as I've got a CCC Backup of the main drive but can't reboot from that.
Running Clover from a USB to try and Safe Boot or as I saw in another thread turn off Lilu, NVIDIA kexts but nothing working and I've spent the last 48hrs trying to fix it.. when I should have left it alone in the first place..

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I'm trying to understand how this works. You took your nvidia card out of the system, and booted with intel graphics. You did the update, and shut down. Then put the nvidia card back in. At this point why didn't your system crash since you have nvidia but not the updated driver? How is it you were able to boot an updated system on old nvidia drivers and be able to install the new drivers?

Hey I read one of your posts about installing the osx on an aurora R6, how did you get the computer to stop rebooting during the usb load sequence post clover bootloader. My R6 is restarting during the loading screen after selecting the usb installer for high sierra and it's a pain! any tips?

@AmuroRae, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back