Contribute
Register

Sierra & Safari: Freezing and reboot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh.. I understand, so are using both the integrated GPU and the ATI R9 ? This is a big no no man... In the bios, just deactivate totally the HD2500. You want all your graphics going through the R9 which is like a thousand times more powerful ! Also this will fix your problem in a heartbeat.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/radeon-compatibility-guide-ati-amd-graphics-cards.171291/

&

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-xfx-r9-280x-it-simply-wont-work.166546/page-3#post-1350811

Also if you have boot screen issue, you can easily flash it https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...md-graphics-cards.171291/page-63#post-1367384

Last edited:
Ok very good, so that's not the issue.. However your card is loading the generic RadeaonFramebuffer which is less than ideal, instead as this shows #1 you should be using the Hamachi framebuffer. I think that is just a matter of adding your device id or injecting it via Clover (I'm totally ignorant when it comes to this). So change to using the correct framebuffer and hopefully that issue will be gone for good.

Quoting from the above link:

If you don't inject a specific framebuffer but rely on the drivers auto-init feature, the driver will fall back to the generic, so-called RadeonFramebuffer. This framebuffer is dynamically built from the cards vBIOS, so it will match any non-reference card. In the past there have been some issues with this approach, especially on multi-display setups and with certain apps.

Sure it's legit and OOB but not ideal. As long as DPCImanager says the system is using the generic RadeonFramebuffer instead of Hamachi, it's no good.

There are 64 pages in here, certainly there you will be able to find how to properly make it load instead of the generic FB you are now using. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/radeon-compatibility-guide-ati-amd-graphics-cards.171291/

Also do go and read http://netkas.org, you'll find tons of info there.

Lucky for you Florian the moderator of the 64 pages thread above has the same card as you (R9 280), and he seems very active, just ask him how he does it... :) Fl0r!an

Maybe try adding this to clover (and backing up the old one to use it if something goes wrong). As a naive wild guess, it may do the trick but Fl0r!an is the dude to ask at the end of the day. Good luck !

Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>
        <key>FBName</key>
        <string>Hamachi</string>
    </dict>

Ok so now DPCImanager tells you the framebuffer is Hamachi I assume. Perfect ! We are now much closer to the ideal config. Now there is something going on with the connector mapping. It seems like it is patchable with clover very easily. Here you go #1

So to recap, your card is now working with the correct framebuffer. Now you gotta get the connectors right, and apply the patch via Clover.

We are fixing slowly but surely. Next step if this one doesn't do it is try loading alternative vBios via Clover.

I'll let you go deep down the rabbit hole. Now you know it has nothing to do with HD4600 but everything to do with ATI R9 280 & certainly DRM (don't forget to load or unload Shiki.kext, test without it first.. It could cause an issue if it is not needed).

The picture is so complex that when something is wrong for instance the "sense id" is wrong it can freeze when trying to call the DRM decoder circuit.. Just talking ******** but you know what i mean. Everything must be perfect ! But as suggested before ask Fl0r!an, he's the boss when it comes to your card. Describe him your issue, he'll certainly have something to say about it.

Perfect ! One last thing, you are using a mac mini server smbios profile ? You should rethink that... Does a mac mini server play video ? You may think this is irrelevant, but it's not.

Again this rabbit hole goes so deep... From this and this, your best bet is iMac 13,1 or iMac 13,2.

I'll leave you at that. Cheers

I have this added config.plist

<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x0d220003</string>
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Isolate IntelAccelerator HD4600 10.12.x</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>SImLqAAAAA==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>kJCQkJCQkA==</data>
</dict>

and restart
It is no longer a safari crash.
Thanks Guys :)

For me working too! I have haswell NUC with HD4400 :) But this solution bring me a new problem: I have 4K Dell monitor and resolution HiDPI 1080p for 2560 x 1440 is after fix not present... Present is just HiDPI 720p. Any idea how to fix?

I have the same problem. Any solutions to this problem so far?

I put the patch on the config.plist but I still got a crash when receiving a message from Facebook for example in safari
on sierra 10,12
config:
ASUS H97M-E
i5 4690

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back