Contribute
Register

[sierra] Random Session Ejection / logout

Status
Not open for further replies.
It happened again today...

The only thing I found in the logs was this:
com.apple.crashreporter.writereport.gpuRestart

Not sure that I know what to do with it yet. I'd thought it was related to OpenNote, but I've kept that closed for now and then it still happened. For debug sake I'm going to keep VMWare Fusion down for a while.

It happened again today...

The only thing I found in the logs was this:
com.apple.crashreporter.writereport.gpuRestart

Not sure that I know what to do with it yet. I'd thought it was related to OpenNote, but I've kept that closed for now and then it still happened. For debug sake I'm going to keep VMWare Fusion down for a while.

I've also seen a similar error, the syntax was different because it came out of my console app on OSX, but in the string it had the .gpuRestart (I checked the console immediately after a hard computer restart due to the random crash and this error was there)

It is interesting because I'm seeing you're not using NVIDA GPU's? I was convinced this bug was due to bad Pascal drivers from the GTX 10's series

Argh, happened a bunch of times today, but I'm still not quite able to determine a pattern.

Any suggestions?

I've been staring at the various logs in the console, but so far nothing is jumping out at me (not that I'm an expert at this stuff either).

So far so good... I'm not sure how much I'm giving up by turning off Chrome acceleration, but the system has been rock solid since. I'm going to try and remember to try turning it back on after the next update and see what happens...

I'm having the same issues too, Editing weddings with FCPX, randomly hard restarts or logs me out (back to logging in screen)
This happens a few times a day, even when the hack is just idling, one thing i've noticed on a hard restart that there is text or terminal that floods the top right corner, but too quick to read / take a screenshot or photo.
@carlosf @Smoosajee

I'm sorry to say I've got no new news on this. I haven't turned hardware acceleration back on. I plan to give it a shot after installing the next upgrade to see if this all goes away then. I don't use FCP, but I imagine it's using similar hardware features to the Chrome acceleration.

Hi guys, I'm in the same situation too. I had already deactivated the chrome accelerator. It all started a few days ago. it stops everything and sends me to the login screen.

i have the same problem, has anyone found a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back