Hp 15-r213nl (Clover)
CPU
Intel Core i5-5200U
Graphics
Intel Hd 5500
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hello everyone,

This is my first hackintosh and i'm trying to install Sierra on my laptop (Hp 15-r213nl). I followed this detailed guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/) and I successfully installed Sierra on my laptop. now I have a two problems:

-the first one is that sometimes Sierra does't boot correctly, it gives me a fail boot and with -v I see this error:

OsxAptioFIx3Drv: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate waken
Error allocating 0x10b50 pages at 0x000000000c5b1000 alloc type 2
Couldn’t allocate runtime area
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting…

I went back on my steps but I couldn't find the source of the problem. Is it because I have the wrong version of the OsxAptioFixDriver ? (currently I have all the three version in my clover folder). or is a problem of nvram/vram?

-The second problem I have is that I'm trying to patch my dsdt/ssdt (my main problem is disabling the discrete gpu, a ge force820m). I extracted them with clover (f4) following this guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/). I'm not sure if I did it right. I was confused by the fact that in my ACPI/origin there were a lot of rsdt-ssdt.aml file (from rsdt-sstdt7 to 13). I have to rename them and disassemble them too?or these are the one that are dynamic and I have to leave them alone? because when trying to patch my ssdt (in order to disable the discrete gpu) I can't find where the _INI and the _OFF are located in the ssdt files I have disassembled and I'm starting thinking I'm doing something wrong.

I also noted that in my ssdt 2 there are two syntax errors:
11095 syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ELSE,expecting PARSEOP_CLOSE_PAREN or ','
11104 syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_SCOPE, expecting $end and premature End-of-File

also in my ssdt-1 there were something like 76 errors. is it because I didn't disassembled the acpi correctly? or I have to patch them manually?
thanks for your attention

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    12.7 MB · Views: 108
  • dsdt:ssdt.zip
    102.6 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
edit
-the first one is that sometimes Sierra does't boot correctly, it gives me a fail boot and with -v I see this error:

I think I managed to solve this problem by replacing the correct OsxAptioFIxDrv ( I deleted the OsxAptioFIx2Drv and OsxAptioFIx3Drv ) and now seems Sierra boots okay

hello everyone,

This is my first hackintosh and i'm trying to install Sierra on my laptop (Hp 15-r213nl). I followed this detailed guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/) and I successfully installed Sierra on my laptop. now I have a two problems:

I went back on my steps but I couldn't find the source of the problem. Is it because I have the wrong version of the OsxAptioFixDriver ? (currently I have all the three version in my clover folder). or is a problem of nvram/vram?

-The second problem I have is that I'm trying to patch my dsdt/ssdt (my main problem is disabling the discrete gpu, a ge force820m). I extracted them with clover (f4) following this guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/). I'm not sure if I did it right. I was confused by the fact that in my ACPI/origin there were a lot of rsdt-ssdt.aml file (from rsdt-sstdt7 to 13). I have to rename them and disassemble them too?or these are the one that are dynamic and I have to leave them alone? because when trying to patch my ssdt (in order to disable the discrete gpu) I can't find where the _INI and the _OFF are located in the ssdt files I have disassembled and I'm starting thinking I'm doing something wrong.

I also noted that in my ssdt 2 there are two syntax errors:
11095 syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ELSE,expecting PARSEOP_CLOSE_PAREN or ','
11104 syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_SCOPE, expecting $end and premature End-of-File

also in my ssdt-1 there were something like 76 errors. is it because I didn't disassembled the acpi correctly? or I have to patch them manually?
thanks for your attention

For ACPI patching, read the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.232984/

I followed the guide and I managed to disassemble dsdt/ssdts without errors. now I'm trying to patch the ssdt in order to disable the discrete Nvidia gpu. I'm following your guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/). I've used grep and I found out that:
grep -l Method.*_OFF *.dsl
SSDT-2.dsl
SSDT-6.dsl
grep -l Method.*_INI *.dsl
DSDT.dsl
SSDT-5.dsl
SSDT-6.dsl
So I think it should be correct to say that Method (_INI)is in SSDT-6, and Method (_OFF) is in SSDT-6.
In particular (_INI)
Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized) // _INI: Initialize
{
Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.RP05.PXSX._ADR)
}
and (_OFF)

Method (_OFF, 0, Serialized) // _OFF: Power Off
{
If (LEqual (CCHK (Zero), Zero))
{
Return (Zero)
}

If (LNotEqual (GPRF, One))
{
Store (VREG, VGAB)
}

HGOF ()
Return (Zero)

so I modified the (_INI)

{
//added to turn nvidia/radeon off
External(\_SB.PCI0.RP05.PXSX, MethodObj)
_OFF()
}
But it gives me this error:existing object invalid type for scope operator(\_SB.PCI0.RP05.PXSX, Method)
I cannot see what I did wrong

Attachments

• dsdt ssdt .zip
    106 KB · Views: 84
I followed the guide and I managed to disassemble dsdt/ssdts without errors. now I'm trying to patch the ssdt in order to disable the discrete Nvidia gpu. I'm following your guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/). I've used grep and I found out that:
grep -l Method.*_OFF *.dsl
SSDT-2.dsl
SSDT-6.dsl
grep -l Method.*_INI *.dsl
DSDT.dsl
SSDT-5.dsl
SSDT-6.dsl
So I think it should be correct to say that Method (_INI)is in SSDT-6, and Method (_OFF) is in SSDT-6.
In particular (_INI)
{
}
and (_OFF)

Method (_OFF, 0, Serialized) // _OFF: Power Off
{
If (LEqual (CCHK (Zero), Zero))
{
Return (Zero)
}

If (LNotEqual (GPRF, One))
{
Store (VREG, VGAB)
}

HGOF ()
Return (Zero)

so I modified the (_INI)

{
//added to turn nvidia/radeon off
_OFF()
}
But it gives me this error:existing object invalid type for scope operator(\_SB.PCI0.RP05.PXSX, Method)
I cannot see what I did wrong

Details matter.
Must read carefully.

This,
Code:

Should be:
Code:
            External(\_SB.PCI0.RP05.PXSX._OFF, MethodObj)

Also, if _INI is in the same file as _OFF, no need to use External.

thanks, now it's working! just one question: if I have just patched one ssdt (the one in which I disabled the discrete gpu), I need to put all the ssdts I disassembled into the API/patched or just the one I actually patched plus the patched dsdt?

Read here, "Recommended configurations":
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

You should be using AutoMerge=true, DropOem=false, no SortedOrder, only SSDTs which are actually patched in ACPI/patched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back