Contribute
Register

Sierra on the Lenovo Yoga 720-13 WIP (Help needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170I PRO Gaming
CPU
i5 6600k
Graphics
GTX 1060
I'll be documenting my progress here and post about problems that I run into. Im definitely not very well versed on this more
complicated hackintosh stuff, but Im trying to get myself some work done here.

The Specs:
Name: Lenovo Yoga 720-13IKB
CPU: Intel Core i5-7200U
RAM: 8GB DDR4 PC4 17000 (2133 MHz)
Screen: 1920 x 1080 Pixel (Full HD) - Wacom Touchscreen
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 620
SSD: Samsung mzvlw256 (Path: /_SB.PCI0.SAT0)
Ports: 1xUSB 3.0 | 2xUSB-C 3.1 / Thunderbolt | Audio In/Out
Trackpad: I2C Synaptics HID
Audio: hdaudio func_01&ven_10ec&dev0236&subsys_17aa38c9&rev_1000 (REALTEK 236?)

Bios / Uefi:
Turn off the laptop and use a thin tool to press the Novo-Button on the left side of the laptop. The Yoga will start and ask you to proceed to BIOS or chose your Boot-Drive. Proceed to the BIOS section, which is extremely limited but enough for our needs.

Configuration -> SATA Controller Mode -> AHCI
Configuration -> Intel Virtual Technology -> Disabled
Security -> Secure Boot -> Disabled
Boot -> Boot Mode -> UEFI

You may have to set Secure Boot to disabled and restart multiple times and set it again, I have no clue why it is doing that.

Formating the SSD:
Lenovo ships the Yoga with a bunch of recovery and backup partitions that will keep you from installing OSX on the Laptop.
To get rid of them create a bootable GParted USB Drive with Tuxboot or anything similar. Plug it into your Laptop, get into the Boot menu and go through the steps to start GParted. Finally delete all Partitions and wipe the SSD (I chose to keep the LENOVO Partition, not quite sure what is saved in there).

I will be dual booting with Windows 10, so either create one or two new hfs+ partitions and name them accordingly. IMPORTANT: Make sure to keep at least 250mb of unallocated space in front of the first partition for our EFI.

Creating the Sierra USB Drive:
Download Sierra from the Appstore, use the latest version of Unibeast to create the installer.
Once its done mount the EFI-Partition of the USB Drive and replace / insert these files in the correct folders:

config.plist (attached)
- Intel HD620 Kaby Lake Patches and NVME SSD Patches

Kext:
FakeSMC.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Drivers:
Add HFSPlus.efi
Delete OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
Add OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (attached)

Installing Sierra:
Now here is where I run into problems because of the single USB 3.0 Port. Im using a slow and old USB Hub to get a USB Mouse and the Sierra Drive working at the same time but there seem to be some related problems.

You will not be able to use the Trackpad during and after install.

Start Clover from the USB Stick.

Spacebar -> Activate Safe Mode -> Run with selected settings. Once youre in the installer select your language and open the Disk Utility.
Format your chosen partition in OSX Journaled and give it a name. Shut down the Laptop from the mac menu.

Pull out your USB Hub and insert the Sierra Drive directly into the USB3.0 port. Start the laptop through the boot menu once again,
select the external drive in Clover and go through the installer process.

You will not be able to use your mouse at this point, but you can easily navigate the installer with the keyboard. (TAB, Space and Arrows)

Once the setup is done, restart your Laptop, use clover once again but this time boot the internal Sierra version.

Post Installation:

Install Clover:
  • Install for UEFI booting only
  • Install Clover in the ESP
  • Drivers64UEFI -> OsxAptioFixDrv-64
  • Install RC scripts on target volume
  • Install all RC scripts on all other bootable OS X volume

Transfer Files from USB EFI to SSD EFI:
  • HFSPlus.efi
  • Config.plist

Install these kext's on SSD EFI and via Kext Wizard to S/L/E:
  • ACPIBatteryManager.kext
  • FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • NullEthernet.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext
Also Install:
  • VoodooHDA 2.8.8 (Sound working)

Restart into Clover, select the Sierra SSD and press F4 to dump the DSDT and SSDT's.

Now off to patching, could use some tips here which patches are necessary.

PROBLEMS RIGHT NOW:
  • Brightness Slider available in Settings -> Display but has no effect, dedicated buttons not working
  • VoodooI2C causing kernel panic (attached)

Attachments

• config.plist
    17 KB · Views: 583
  • OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.zip
    12.4 KB · Views: 359
  • 20170623_144159.jpg
    20170623_144159.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 863
Last edited:

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 366
  • kextstat.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 193
  • Liams MacBook Air.ioreg.zip
    519.2 KB · Views: 188
  • patchmatic RehabMan.zip
    53.3 KB · Views: 192
  • touch.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 221
Thanks for the quick answer, here you go. This is the stable system with custom DSDT, Trackpad untouched.

Another Problem: Keyboard Backlight is constantly on even when sleeping.

Your kextcache output shows FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext not installed.
All kexts need to be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 in the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

You have a lot more work to do:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Gracias! Will report back when ive read all of that :headbang:

Your kextcache output shows FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext not installed.
All kexts need to be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 in the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

You have a lot more work to do:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Installed all necessary kext's to System/Library/Extensions now. Graphics working flawlessly. Also patched DSDT and SSDTs with the suggested Patches + Brightnessfix + Rename GFX0 to iGPU (attached).

Trying to install VoodooI2C and something weird is happening. I use Kext Wizard to install AppleBacklightInjector and VoodooI2C to S/L/E and delete AppleHPM, AppleIntelLpssi2C and AppleIntelLpssi2CController.kext's and then clear the cache.

After restarting I check the loaded kext's via Kext Wizard and both new kext's are NOT loaded while the vanilla Applei2C ones still are. What am I doing wrong here?

Manually rebuilding kext cache fixed it. Now getting the kernel panic when booting from VoodooI2C

Attachments

• DSDT SSDT mod.zip
    171.2 KB · Views: 231
  • 20170623_144159.jpg
    20170623_144159.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 595
Last edited:
Wifi does not work out of the box, you can easily replace it with the BCM94352Z (even Lenovo branded) though.

I got everything working except for the brightness slider but gave up the project. I2C support is too limited atm and having a half working trackpad (i HATE trackpads anyway) urks me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back