Sierra on Optiplex 760 E8400 gt730

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell 760 tower
Graphics
GT 630
Hi all!
I'm going to get started on my optiplex again because of some stupid mistake I made last time it broke everything, so I have to get to work again. As I'm installing again, I might as well install the newest (Sierra) to keep it updated for a while.

Has anyone got this pc on the road yet? Or does anybody have some tips/tricks/guides for my HW? Any help will be sincerely appreciated!

Emiel

Hi all!
I'm going to get started on my optiplex again because of some stupid mistake I made last time it broke everything, so I have to get to work again. As I'm installing again, I might as well install the newest (Sierra) to keep it updated for a while.

Has anyone got this pc on the road yet? Or does anybody have some tips/tricks/guides for my HW? Any help will be sincerely appreciated!

Emiel

From looking at the CPU Spec it has SSE4.1 which means the CPU will work fine with macOS. However the motherboard will most likely need a lot of tweaking most likely will have a issue with AppleHPET I think the GT730 will work. Powermanagement will require some ACPI Patches. Will need a lot of ACPI Patches to get the machine fully functional probably better to get something newer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back