Contribute
Register

Sierra on Lenovo T470 laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi RehabMan,

Why I cannot find boot MacOs Sierra from installer in my clover ?

I’ve configured separate partition drive for Sierra. I created this partition drive from diskpart step.

Please take a look on my attachments.

The file system look like NTFS, should I for it to FAT32 from windows explorer? Or should I repeat the diskpart step again?

Thanks,
Afin

Attachments

• 2CCB7B58-F9B3-4FC7-B2C9-507651582627.jpeg
    2CCB7B58-F9B3-4FC7-B2C9-507651582627.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 199
  • 29149EAE-6CFE-4C68-B0B6-A7A3822971DF.jpeg
    29149EAE-6CFE-4C68-B0B6-A7A3822971DF.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 202
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 183
Hi RehabMan,

Why I cannot find boot MacOs Sierra from installer in my clover ?

I’ve configured separate partition drive for Sierra. I created this partition drive from diskpart step.

Please take a look on my attachments.

The file system look like NTFS, should I for it to FAT32 from windows explorer? Or should I repeat the diskpart step again?

Thanks,
Afin

Maybe you forgot HFSPlus.efi (or apfs.efi).
Read the guide carefully:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Hi, I’m sorry for my careless.
I’ve got another error. Please see my attachment.
The logo didn’t show Apple correctly. After minutes, it shut down automatically.

I install fakeSMc.kext, voodoocontrollerps2.kext, realtekRTL8111.kext, USBInject.kext in other folder.

Then If I change my config.plist to nvdia gen 1 (I tried check iniect edid or intel) it freezed like in my second attachment.

Please help,
Thanks,
Afin

Attachments

• 12FABC10-FF55-4478-84E9-59118FEBFC09.jpeg
    12FABC10-FF55-4478-84E9-59118FEBFC09.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 195
  • D15C7ACF-E608-490E-BBB9-F6AE7E9EBA20.jpeg
    D15C7ACF-E608-490E-BBB9-F6AE7E9EBA20.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 211
Hi, I’m sorry for my careless.
I’ve got another error. Please see my attachment.
The logo didn’t show Apple correctly. After minutes, it shut down automatically.

I install fakeSMc.kext, voodoocontrollerps2.kext, realtekRTL8111.kext, USBInject.kext in other folder.

Then If I change my config.plist to nvdia gen 1 (I tried check iniect edid or intel) it freezed like in my second attachment.

Please help,
Thanks,
Afin

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi - just wanted to update you on my Hackintosh on Lenovo T470.
As suggested, I turned off FixRegions in Clover - having read up on this it looks like there are issues, so definitely not a good idea to use it.

I then (cold) booted up 10 times and extracted ACPI by pressing F4 in Clover, then grep'ed the output files for SystemMemory and put the results into a spreadsheet to compare and check I'd got the right addresses. Once that was done, I repatched DSDT and it booted up fine.

Having got this far, I decided to wipe the entire HD (which was a dual boot with Windows 10) and just put Sierra on exclusively. Having done the hard work to get a bootable USB config, this was then easy and the reinstall went smoothly.

However, after installing a few apps and using the system for a few hours it became unstable, and I started getting the following drive errors in the log:

Example of errors:
Code:
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression_kexts/AppleFSCompression-88.50.3/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:188:
/System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libPng.dylib:
VNOP_GETXATTR: errno 5
hfs_swap_BTNode: invalid forward link (0xeafcc337 >= 0x00005480)
hfs: node=10586 fileID=4 volume=Mac HD device=/dev/disk1
hfs_mark_inconsistent: Runtime corruption detected on Mac HD, fsck will
be forced on next mount.
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression_kexts/AppleFSCompression-88.50.3/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:188:
/System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libPng.dylib:
VNOP_GETXATTR: errno 5
hfs_swap_BTNode: invalid forward link (0xeafcc337 >= 0x00005480)
hfs: node=10586 fileID=4 volume=Mac HD device=/dev/disk1
hfs_mark_inconsistent: Runtime corruption detected on Mac HD, fsck will
be forced on next mount.

After this the drive wouldn't boot due to corruption.

I believe this will be something to do with my NCMe drive (either that or my USB WIFI perhaps?).

Unfortunately I was pressed for time and needed a working system, so have had to put Win 10 for this wk :( so I can get some work done and pay the bills... But I will try again soon. At least I have a good config on USB now so can reinstall OSX pretty quickly.

Thanks
Do you still have the T470? I'm having problem with the dual battery. Can you share your EFI please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back