Contribute
Register

Sierra on i3-2330(Sandy Bridge) with Nvidia 410m - Black Screen (Vaio-VPCEH25EN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same laptop, I have managed to get Sierra and High Sierra to boot on it with both nvidia default and web drivers. But, there are lot's of issues, for instance, with nvidia enabled(default or web driver) -- there is no way to shutdown, logout, or restart the laptop, it get's stuck on a black screen. Laptop display randomly freezes while using certain app, and it always freezes when and external monitor is plugged into the hdmi port. For me I never really got black screen, maybe because of the config I use. I have had to reinstall El Capitan, which works perfectly fine, though I have had to inject edid to fix blurry display.

Could you share your EFI folder? Actually, I have a same laptop. Unfortunately, I am stuck on PCI end error. Although I added the npcix=3000 or 2000 into my config, it still doesn't work. I hope to analyze your EFI. Thanks for your help.

Could you share your EFI folder? Actually, I have a same laptop. Unfortunately, I am stuck on PCI end error. Although I added the npcix=3000 or 2000 into my config, it still doesn't work. I hope to analyze your EFI. Thanks for your help.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Hello Eveyone does anyone still needs help on this topic because I have a solution

need to resolve sierra blank screen on my laptop
Details Are as follows --
1. Yosemite works well with chemeleon boot loader , Nvidia web driver, no black screen.
2. Sierra install with clover-Legacy--> nv_disable=1-- Boot OK -low resolution
Enable web driver - boot ok black display
Native driver - stuck at apple logo at 3/4 loading - i.e. just before logon screen

• Tried with iMac14,1,issue - heating and rebooting
  • Tried with MacBookPro8,1 - Black Screen
  • Tried with MacBookPro9,1 - Black Screen
Tried almost every trick with clover to get correct screen resolution (1366*768)
Please guide

Hello can you confirm if you still using this laptop so that I can help you...

Hello can you confirm if you still using this laptop so that I can help you...

Yes, me.
I have two Vaio VPCEH very similar, both with 410M (i changed the mb of one of then that first don't have this chip...)

In the first I have High Sierra, nullcpupowermanagment is needed, but i have mouse issues and other related problems with graphic.
In the second I have El Capitan, still nullcpupowermanagment is needed, but works fine.

I'd like remove nullcpupowermanagment, i tried anything but without success.

I don't care about catalina or mojave (i think that this chip can't do it!).
I'd like run Sierra almost. But El Capitan is fine also.

Can you write your solution?

(For who don't know this laptop: this computer has the igpu completely disabled and inaccessible. It is not a dual-gpu. Integrated graphics are disabled in some hard way. It's like he has a xeon. I have been installing Macos on PC for a few years now. It's not a simply noob issue.)

(Sorry for my bad English)

Sorr
Yes, me.
I have two Vaio VPCEH very similar, both with 410M (i changed the mb of one of then that first don't have this chip...)

In the first I have High Sierra, nullcpupowermanagment is needed, but i have mouse issues and other related problems with graphic.
In the second I have El Capitan, still nullcpupowermanagment is needed, but works fine.

I'd like remove nullcpupowermanagment, i tried anything but without success.

I don't care about catalina or mojave (i think that this chip can't do it!).
I'd like run Sierra almost. But El Capitan is fine also.

Can you write your solution?

(For who don't know this laptop: this computer has the igpu completely disabled and inaccessible. It is not a dual-gpu. Integrated graphics are disabled in some hard way. It's like he has a xeon. I have been installing Macos on PC for a few years now. It's not a simply noob issue.)

(Sorry for my bad English)

Hello Again, Sorry after every try I came into a conclusion that the solution is for you to change to another laptop. The minimum requirement for Sierra or later is Ivy Brige CPU 3rd Generation CPU OR LATER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back