Contribute
Register

Sierra on GA-Z170X-UD5-TH (USB2 Issue) - Solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 XTREME
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I just built a new Hackintosh after 4 years with my previous build.

With the vast amount of guides listed, I was able to install Sierra without a hitch.
Instead of increasing the USB limit, I built the SSDT so only the accessible ports that would be used are listed.
The only issue I have and cannot seem to remedy it is USB2 does not work on my USB3 ports.
I tried the FakePCIID & FakePCIID_XHCIM but that did not remedy anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You!

Last edited:
That's the guide I used.
I did not have an issue with USB3 working, but USB2 on USB3 is not happening.
What option did you use on Multibeast?

At first I used the USB limit increase patch but USB2 on USB3 was still not working.
Then I followed the guide in order to delete the patch but other than cleaning up the system, it did not fix the issue.

If I recall correctly I didn't choose any of the USB options in my last Sierra/Multibeast 9 install. I believe at one point prior while troubleshoot the USB 3.0 issue I had tried the Increase Max Port Limit but still couldn't get 3.0 ports working. 2.0 on my 3.0 ports was never an issue I experienced here using that Increase port option or not. I'd recommend you remove your SSDT and just use the quick and dirty method as outlined in the article to see if that fixes the issue.

Last edited:
I did the quick and dirty way before creating the SSDT from the same guide.
I'm thinking it might be the Apic kext to patch that might not exist in my config.plist.

Thanks for the advice. I will check this out later.
If that isn't the case, do you have any other ideas?

Unfortunately no, because the procedure works here. Note: That I used no other kexts in the process. My only other advice is if all else fails start over again from scratch.

Last edited:
Thank you for all your help.

Curiosity, is your machine going into sleep and waking up?

On mine, I cannot wake it. The power has to be turned off in order for me to turn it back on. I changed my system to 14,2 but that doesn't seem to help.

Thank you for all your help.

Curiosity, is your machine going into sleep and waking up?

On mine, I cannot wake it. The power has to be turned off in order for me to turn it back on. I changed my system to 14,2 but that doesn't seem to help.

Nevermind, found the culprit for the deep sleep - Add ClockID should be disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back