Contribute
Register

Sierra on GA-Z170X-UD5-TH (USB2 Issue) - Solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know my issue!

I need to have the HS ports that coincide with the SS ports for them to work.

In-N-Out, I want to thank you for all your help.

Thank you so much!

UPDATE: Patch disabled and SSDT updated with the additional ports. Working like a charm. I have the SSDT if you'd like. All ports working as they should with the USB3 ports on case from motherboard header #1 acting as both USB2/3

Last edited:
Glad I could help! :)

Z170X-UD5-TH board here with unstable USB. Be grateful if you could share your SSDT and methodology, thanks. Hopefully without needing the USBInjectAll.kext

I believe the USBInjectAll is required.

In-N-Out was really helpful with directing to the guides. Follow those guides for the clover entries and kexts. If you use my SSDT you will not need the patch for usb port limit increase.

My SSDT has the following...

4 USB2 on the back of the motherboard and 2 motherboard headers working.
4 USB3 on the back of the motherboard working as USB3
1 USB3 on the motherboard header working as USB2/3.
Being that I stuck within the 15 allowed USBs, I did not activate USB3 header 2 nor the back USB3 working as USB2.

The file goes into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched

Let me know if you need anything else.

Attachments

• SSDT-USB.aml
    617 bytes · Views: 186
Last edited:
I believe the USBInjectAll is required.

In-N-Out was really helpful with directing to the guides. Follow those guides for the clover entries and kexts. If you use my SSDT you will not need the patch for usb port limit increase.

My SSDT has the following...

4 USB2 on the back of the motherboard and 2 motherboard headers working.
4 USB3 on the back of the motherboard working as USB3
1 USB3 on the motherboard header working as USB2/3.
Being that I stuck within the 15 allowed USBs, I did not activate USB3 header 2 nor the back USB3 working as USB2.

The file goes into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched

Let me know if you need anything else.
Tek9Samurai,
Thank you so much for your SSDT-USB.aml, that did the trick! once I realized you have to remove the USBinjectALL.kext from EFI/Clover/kexts. I'm so happy to have it working!

Tek9Samurai,
Thank you so much for your SSDT-USB.aml, that did the trick! once I realized you have to remove the USBinjectALL.kext from EFI/Clover/kexts. I'm so happy to have it working!

Absolutely! Glad I could contribute and help you as well as others.

Absolutely! Glad I could contribute and help you as well as others.
Hey Tek9Samurai,
Is your thunderbolt 3 working? My still says no drivers installed. I have I have go thru the windows 10 install, driver install, firmware update.

Hey Tek9Samurai,
Is your thunderbolt 3 working? My still says no drivers installed. I have I have go thru the windows 10 install, driver install, firmware update.

Mine is working. I think it says no driver's installed as well.

Try booting up with a thunderbolt drive plugged in and see if it comes up.

Mine is working. I think it says no driver's installed as well.

Try booting up with a thunderbolt drive plugged in and see if it comes up.
I can get drives to work, but not black magic studio express. I'll have to google a little more and search forum. See if I find anything. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back