Graphics
Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm experiencing some strange bugs in OS X Sierra since some time and would find it very nice if somebody knew an answer to that problem.

When I was booting Sierra today, my Apple Mail prompted me to re-enter my password for each of my mail accounts and my Spotify and iCloud were also logged out.

After rebooting all accounts are present again but my Chrome profile is corrupted. Also everything like moving windows around and stuff feels a bit sluggish. This happened three times in the last two weeks now.

I can see no real pattern behind the problems, I haven't changed anything recently and it just started happening a two weeks or so ago.

Last edited:
If it started doing so out of the blue, could be a hardware fault (SSD, RAM).

I am having the same issue at the same frequency that you seem to be describing.

While I do not have an answer on how to fix it I am curious what you are using for internet connection. I am using a USB wifi adaptor only (D-Link of some variety) and wondered if that might be the cause. Are you using a USB wifi adaptor by chance?

@mrcoloman
It's at least a bit calming to know I'm not the only one with that strange issue...
But nope, I'm just using Intel Ethernet.
I don't think it's related to the dongle. When it happens next time I'm going to check the Kernel log, didn't think of that when it happened the last time.

@alexlove99
Hey. Have you investigated this issue any further?

@mrcoloman
Nope, didn't happen again since posting.
Did you have the problem again?
I'd love to look into some log files like the boot log...

So...
It just happened again. After over two months without any problems.
I was just coding in Visual Studio, Windows 10 and rebooting to OS X and it occurred.

I just don't get what's causing that problem and why it is always corrupting my Chrome profile.

After reading a bit through system.log I haven't really found anything that looks like an error. The only thing were a few SQL errors about some user data, but I don't think that's related to my problem.

Has anyone had the same problem until my last post in this thread?

I have dual booted quite a few times the last month or so and it never happened.
Regarding the NFS driver. Nope, I'm not accessing my OS X drive from Windows, just the other way around using TuxeraNTFS.

I'm not doing anything special in Windows, just some .NET development. Most of the time I'm just using OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back