Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170N-WIFI
CPU
Intel i7 6700K
Graphics
AMD RX570
Hello,

So, my hackintosh has been working flawlessly for like 2 months now. No problems as all. I was using it last night even, but when I tried to use it this afternoon the screen was just black and when I tried to restart it I got a Kernal Panic (I have attached picture). This is my first hackintosh so I don't really know what to do here. Trying to fix it without having to wipe the drive and reinstall. Any info would be helpful.

Also, I would love to add some of my clover info as well but I just don't know how to get ahold of it since the computer won't boot.

Let me know if you need any other info. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0831.JPG
    IMG_0831.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 112
Also when I shut the computer all the way off and turn it back on, before it even gets to clover it says, "Boot Failure Detected" not sure what that means.

Also, I noticed in the BIOS that my clock speed is sitting around 4.2GHz when I had overclocked to 4.6GHz and it has been working totally fine. I don't know why all of the sudden its showing 4.2.

I am sorry that my knowledge isn't quite up to par yet, but I still need help figuring out how to access my EFI/Clover if I can't get the computer to boot.

If you can't boot, a bare minimum is:
- Boot verbose, attach photo
- Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 and F2 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

I see this on the FAQ page and have read it over several times. I just don't know how to access the EFI/Clover folders from the main clover boot screen. When I press F4 and F2 nothing happens.

I am sorry that my knowledge isn't quite up to par yet, but I still need help figuring out how to access my EFI/Clover if I can't get the computer to boot.

Do you have the USB stick used to first install MacOS? It will have Clover on it and you can use its Clover to boot from (F12) and see if you can run the MacOS install from the computer using that Clover. If so you can re-install Clover on the computer and make changes. If you can't run the MacOS on the computer then booting from the Installer on the USB stick will let you get to the Disk Utility to see if the drive can be fixed from there.

If you can't do that then there might be other issues. I have had my BIOS settings get whacked so had to redo them to make sure they were correct.

Hello,

So, my hackintosh has been working flawlessly for like 2 months now. No problems as all. I was using it last night even, but when I tried to use it this afternoon the screen was just black and when I tried to restart it I got a Kernal Panic (I have attached picture). This is my first hackintosh so I don't really know what to do here. Trying to fix it without having to wipe the drive and reinstall. Any info would be helpful.

Also, I would love to add some of my clover info as well but I just don't know how to get ahold of it since the computer won't boot.

Let me know if you need any other info. Thanks!

Looks like you failed to implement the class-code spoof for HackrNVMeFamily and have both IONVMeFamily and HackrNVMeFamily installed.
(update applied that restored IONVMeFamily.kext likely)

Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

Thank you both so much for your help!

Ok that makes sense, however I haven't done any manual updates recently.

Looks like you failed to implement the class-code spoof for HackrNVMeFamily and have both IONVMeFamily and HackrNVMeFamily installed.

Do you see any way that I can implement the Class-code spoof in my computer's current state so I can fix it? Alternatively is there any way that I can get my computer running again so I can inject the spoof then. Maybe by getting a previous version of the IONVMeFamily.kext?

Thanks again!

Thank you both so much for your help!

Ok that makes sense, however I haven't done any manual updates recently.

Do you see any way that I can implement the Class-code spoof in my computer's current state so I can fix it? Alternatively is there any way that I can get my computer running again so I can inject the spoof then. Maybe by getting a previous version of the IONVMeFamily.kext?

Thanks again!

If you create a USB that implements the class-code spoof, you will avoid loading both HackrNVMeFamily and IONVMeFamily you have on your system volume.
You can inject the spoofed HackrNVMeFamily from EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (don't forget to set config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=true).

If you create a USB that implements the class-code spoof, you will avoid loading both HackrNVMeFamily and IONVMeFamily you have on your system volume.
You can inject the spoofed HackrNVMeFamily from EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (don't forget to set config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=true).

Thanks for the help!

I went to grab coffee with my buddy and not for some reason every time I boot the computer It goes directly into BIOS without me touching any keys on the keyboard. It won't get to Clover for me to choose my windows partition to boot from. Do you know why it would do this? Im kind of freaking out lol

Thanks for the help!

I went to grab coffee with my buddy and not for some reason every time I boot the computer It goes directly into BIOS without me touching any keys on the keyboard. It won't get to Clover for me to choose my windows partition to boot from. Do you know why it would do this? Im kind of freaking out lol

You should use your BIOS boot menu hotkey to be able to choose the USB boot stick to boot from.

You should use your BIOS boot menu hotkey to be able to choose the USB boot stick to boot from.

At the GIGABYTE Post screen it says that F12 is the hot key to go to the Boot Menu but its not working. Whenever I hit F12 it just does the same thing. Goes right into BIOS and makes me choose a profile. Save and Exit, and the whole things over again.

It's so weird, I tried googling it and all I can find is articles of people who can't access BIOS but thats literally all I can do.

Should I update the BIOS and see if that does anything?

Sorry this is so ridiculous. I really appreciate the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back