Contribute
Register

Sierra issues Post-Installation (Glitchy, super slow, 0Mb VRam, won't boot without USB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
INTEL CPU CORE I7-6700K 4.0GHZ 8MB LGA1151
Graphics
GIGABYTE NVIDIA 4GB GDDR5
Hi guys,

I just installed Sierra on my Hackintosh and you can tell right away that it's not working properly. The first page where you have to choose the user is all messed up. The background was all glitched out with different colours. When I enter my password and log in, the computer becomes really slow. Everything is slower than my old computer. Some icons at the top bar look all glitched. I checked the specs and the graphics card appears with 0MB Vram. Does that explain anything? Besides that, the computer simply won't boot when I remove the USB pen.

And I don't know which drivers to choose in Multibeast after the installation. There are a bunch of them .. I did install "Alternate NVIDIA Graphics Drivers".

I used Sierra from the App Store, Unibeast 7.0.1 and Multibeast Sierra 9.0.1. The clover worked by default with the flags "dart=0" and "nv_disable=1". The BIOS was configured properly, according to the guides. I really don't know what went wrong. Any clues? Thank you.

My build is the following:

GIGABYTE GA-Z170X DESIGNARE
GEFORCE GTX960 WINDFORCE 2X OC 4GB DDR5 (PCIE)
INTEL i7-6700K
CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 2X8GB
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB
CORSAIR RM 650X
CORSAIR H60 (WATER COOLING)
TP-LINK PCI EXPRESS WIFI ADAPTER (N)

That's my almost identical problem the only difference is that my screen is normal, not like yours.
I found no differences with and without the alternate drivers but I need to try again.

I checked the specs and the graphics card appears with 0MB Vram.

In config.plist change Inject NVidia from true to false.
Code:
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
    </dict>
I did install "Alternate NVIDIA Graphics Drivers".

If you use the Nvidia Web Drivers change NvidiaWeb from false to true in config.plist
Code:
    <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>YES</string>
        <key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>
        <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>
The clover worked by default with the flags "dart=0" and "nv_disable=1".

Remove nv_disable=1 from boot arguments

The background was all glitched out with different colours.

The login screen background is a static image that gets generated once and then saved in /Library/Caches/com.apple.desktop.admin.png

To regenerate the image, all you need to do is change your desktop background (a.k.a. wallpaper).
Then check that file and make sure it's fixed.

@BreBo thanks a lot!! I had to repeat every single step because my motherboard was a different one. Now I do have a Z170X Designare. It's working perfectly, but I can't fix the audio issue. It requires a Realtek ALC1150 driver and I've already installed it with Multibeast, but when I mount the EFI and go to Clover>kexts there wasn't even a "10.2" folder. I created one, run "Kext Utility", drag "AppleHDA.kext" to it, run command "audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0d.command" and it gave me this error:

File: audio_cloverALC-120.command_v1.0d
Release Mode
Password:
EFI partition is mounted
System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).
Configuration:
Apple Internal: disabled
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: disabled
Debugging Restrictions: enabled
DTrace Restrictions: enabled
NVRAM Protections: enabled
BaseSystem Verification: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.
OK to patch
Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem
No system files were changed

I really don't know what to do anymore.. It's getting frustrating because I've searched every single post and video I can find. Thanks for the help again. Regards

Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem
No system files were changed

Besides the Realtek ALC1150 driver you also had to install the 100 Series Audio from MultiBeast.

Thank you @BreBo ! I ended up doing that and now I have several audio output options (digital out, headphones, line out and line out again). Anyway, I can't hear anything yet. I don't know if it's because I have my hackintosh plugged into a TV monitor via HDMI, but I tried to plug my headphones into the front of the pc case, then into the monitor and the result was the same, I couldn't hear a thing. Besides that, now I can't even play any (youtube, vimeo, etc) video in a safari or chrome. The video loads but it simply won't play.. even after a restart. Can you tell me why? Now I have two problems to solve :banghead: sorry to bother you again, I hope you understand. Should I create another post asking for help ? Regards

It requires a Realtek ALC1150 driver and I've already installed it with Multibeast, but when I mount the EFI and go to Clover>kexts there wasn't even a "10.2" folder. I created one, run "Kext Utility", drag "AppleHDA.kext" to it, run command "audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0d.command"

Not sure what you did here but after mounting the EFI partition you simply had to create the EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.12 folder and after that run the audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0d.command. Don't know what you did with AppleHDA.kext but it only needs to be in System/Library/Extensions.

Should I create another post asking for help ? Regards

It's best to check and post your issue in the Sierra Desktop/Realtek AppleHDA Audio topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back