CPU
Intel i7 4790K LGA1150
Graphics
GE FORCE GT 740 SC 2GB DDR5
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Encountering some problems with my first build / installation. Installing Sierra for the first time

I am following tonymacx86 Sierra guide word for word - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

I have my graphics card unplugged because its fan was running at full speed once the system is turned on. I have also taken out the PCI Express Adapter.

Seagate 3TB drive is unplugged, and the Samsung SSD is plugged in.

I have the BIOS settings as requested, Clover will open and I can change Boot Args etc.

These boot args were already on the system - dart=0 nv_disable=1

BIOS Settings

Cold not find CFG Lock, IO Serial Port

1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
2. Load Optimized Defaults - Check
3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it - Check
4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it - Check
6. Set OS Type to Other OS - Check
7. If your system has IO SerialPort, disable it -
8. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled - Check
9. If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0
10. Save and exit.

PROBLEM
I can boot Sierra installer from Clover Stuck, but it stops at Apple logo with empty progress bar.

When I boot in safe mode (-v) I still get stuck at the same spot, but the system restarts itself after about 20 minutes, and then goes into a cycle of booting and then restarting with NOTHING on the screen, cant access boot menu or BIOS menu

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I've jumped into the deep end with his build and I'm barely treading water! If I can help you with photos or any other information just let me know!

Have I missed something?

EDIT -

I am using a Samsung monitor connected with a VGA cable, via the motherboard.
This is my full spec list

Gigabyte Z97 HD3
Intel i7 4790K LGA1150
GE FORCE GT 740 SC
Corsair RM650i PSU
16GB Kingston Fury (2x8) Hyper X
Samsung SSD 750 EVO
Seagate 3TB Drive
TPLink N900 Wireless Dual Band PCI Express Adapter

Last edited:
You should try using something other than VGA. Apple doesn't officially support VGA so VGA is iffy at best.

Great thanks for the help I'll go out and get a DVI cable and let you know how I get on.

You should try using something other than VGA. Apple doesn't officially support VGA so VGA is iffy at best.

Thanks for that, DVI - HDMI had me up and running in about 5 minutes!

EDIT - Moving post to graphics forum

GRAPHICS TROUBLE

I have everything working, internet via a wired ethernet connection, audio is working from both the motherboard line out and the front audio headphone jack.

The only remaining issue I have is with the graphics card. When I installed the the OS for the first time I did it without the graphics card plugged in, using the internal graphics via a DVI- HDMI from the motherboard display output.

Now that the graphics card is installed (GT 740 SC 2GB DDR5) along with the latest web drivers for Sierra, I can't seem to enable the graphics card (or disable the internal graphics properly). I have gone into the BIOS setup and disabled internal graphics. Nvidia inject is off (I used clover).

The display is working but there is no difference between the output quality of the internal graphics and the output of the graphics card. Graphics card is powered by the PSU.

My display is plugged into the graphics card, the OS is recognising the graphics card but showing up with 0 VRAM.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance

Hardware .png
Graphics.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back