Contribute
Register

Sierra install worked great UNTIL time machine restore. Now stops at "System uptime in nanoseconds:"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i7-2700K
Graphics
GeForce GTS 250 1024 MB
I was so excited that I finally got this to work. Before I went to bed I started a time machine restore, entire user, and woke up to a frozen progress bar. Restarting with -v revealed it hangs at "System uptime in nanoseconds: 949132400". Do I have to start over?

30923086816_9ba0f587c3_h.jpg

I should also say that the time machine backup was made from 10.8.1, mountain lion. I wonder if I am allowed to restore this to Sierra. I always thought it would only restore the files in the home folder. I did allow it to restore "other files", however.

System Definition Mac Pro 3.1 has problem!
macOS Sierra Does NOT Boot with MacPro3,1 MacPro4,1 System Definitions https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...acpro3-1-macpro4-1-system-definitions.200868/
Somehow, get a Clover Sierra or even el Capitan USB Installer to boot and reach the Clover boot loader screen and then switch to your System Disk to Desktop. Using Clover Configurator mount the EFI of your System HD. Open its EFI>EFI>CLOVER>config.plist in CC to edit
Go to "SMBIOS" menu from Left Pane of Clover Configurator > Magic wand click > Choose iMac >14.2
Now save the config.plist in its original CLOVER folder .
Reboot and see.

Hi, Thanks! I'm trying to do this now but can't seem to boot again, even with my USB stick. I tried re-building the USB stick but I can't get past the same place, even when choosing USB in BIOS and then selecting Boot Mac OS X from USB. What is blocking it from booting, if I'm trying to boot off the USB stick? It worked yesterday when I tried to build the HD. Hmm. I'm not even sure how I would start over now, since I can't seem to boot using USB to Sierra installer.

• Please add your current Motherboard Make and Model : instead of Hackintosh "Mac Pro 3.1" in your profile against Mobo.
  • Please make sure if anything else has changed in the BIOS options since the last time you had a successful boot with this USB installer. Best thing is to Load Optimized BIOS and then select the BIOS options recommended for your Mobo.
  • If the BIOS options have not changed from the earlier successful boot with this USB installer, then this USB installer needs to be remade.

Thanks. I will check my settings. I don't think I changed them since I was successful, but at this point it seems that's the only thing that could be stopping me. I've updated my mobo in my profile.

I have gotten the USB stick to allow me to boot and I decided to go ahead and start over. I formatted the SSD, loaded Sierra again, and am going to record my Multibeast settings here:

Quickstart -> Legacy Boot Mode

Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek ALCxxx -> ALC887/888b
Drivers -> Misc -> FakeSMC v6.21.....
Drivers -> Misc -> FakeSMC HWMonitor Application and FakeSMC Plugins
Drivers -> Network -> AtherosE2200Ethernet v2.1.0

Bootloaders -> Clover v2.3k r3766 Legacy Boot Mode

Customize -> System Definitions -> iMac -> iMac 14,2

This caused a reboot loop to occur. I was able to get back in by selecting nv_disable=1. Then, I ran Multibeast again and added "inject nvidia" and also Sandy Bridge Core i5/i7 Overclocked. Now it starts up fine and I'm in the process of using Migration Assistant -- this is where it failed last time. This time I did not bring over any of the "other files" (outside the home directory) nor the system and network settings. I hope this is the reason it failed last time.

So far, so good. Looks like I've had success, for the most part. Some issues migrating data but it starts and the applications are all there. Thanks for the help on this!

Great! Well done!
You are right about "Migration Assistant" which wields a double edged sword! It can help us to get our data from backup but can hurt us by importing unwanted and harmful System files including Operating system files we don't need and corrupt current system making it un-bootable if are careless and give it a 'free hand'. We have to be choosy and select only the backed up data in case of a new OS on the disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back