CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1050
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Computer Specs:
-Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x ATX Gaming 5 (rev 1.1)(compatible with 6th and 7th gen. intel processors)
-CPU: Intel Core i7 4.2GHz 7700k
-RAM: Ballistix 2x8GB DDR5
-Drive: 850 Evo SSD 500GB
-PSU: Corsair CS650M
-GPU: EVGA GeForce ATX 1050 SC Gaming 2GB

Note: selected UEFI install settings
Note: My time building a computer and installing Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.6

Issue:
The Hackintosh setup was working fine until post-install step where MultiBeast is used. Not all of the drives freeze at on booting, same place, at the Apple loading screen.

Issue Description:
After going through every step in the Tonymacx86 guide, everything seems to be working fine. I was able to boot Sierra 10.12.6 from my thumb drive (named "USB") then format my SSD (named "Sierra") and register my computer with Apple. I then follow the post-install steps and use MutliBeast Sierra edition 9.0.1 to make the SSD fully bootable (don't fully understand this step. Seems the computer could work fine. Just following the directions). I turned the computer off and when I turned it back on, it pauses at the boot screen for 3sec then automatically selects the SSD "Sierra." But then, at the loading screen with the Apple icon and loading bar, it freezes 2/3rds of the way through. It now also freezes when I boot from my "USB" and from the recovery drive that was created, all in the same spot.

The only way I can get the "USB" to work is by unplugging the SSD, but then I cannot use disk utility to format it since it does not see the SSD, even after plugging it back in. I am taking steps to erase the SSD and start over, but MultiBeast seems to be the problem.

Questions:
What could have gone wrong with MultiBeast or anything else and how do I fix this issue? And how necessary is MultiBeast if I can't fix this?

[SOLVED] See below.

Last edited:
Computer Specs:
-Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x ATX Gaming 5 (rev 1.1)(compatible with 6th and 7th gen. intel processors)
-CPU: Intel Core i7 4.2GHz 7700k
-RAM: Ballistix 2x8GB DDR5
-Drive: 850 Evo SSD 500GB
-PSU: Corsair CS650M
-GPU: EVGA GeForce ATX 1050 SC Gaming 2GB

Note: selected UEFI install settings
Note: My time building a computer and installing Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.6

Issue:
The Hackintosh setup was working fine until post-install step where MultiBeast is used. Not all of the drives freeze at on booting, same place, at the Apple loading screen.

Issue Description:
After going through every step in the Tonymacx86 guide, everything seems to be working fine. I was able to boot Sierra 10.12.6 from my thumb drive (named "USB") then format my SSD (named "Sierra") and register my computer with Apple. I then follow the post-install steps and use MutliBeast Sierra edition 9.0.1 to make the SSD fully bootable (don't fully understand this step. Seems the computer could work fine. Just following the directions). I turned the computer off and when I turned it back on, it pauses at the boot screen for 3sec then automatically selects the SSD "Sierra." But then, at the loading screen with the Apple icon and loading bar, it freezes 2/3rds of the way through. It now also freezes when I boot from my "USB" and from the recovery drive that was created, all in the same spot.

The only way I can get the "USB" to work is by unplugging the SSD, but then I cannot use disk utility to format it since it does not see the SSD, even after plugging it back in. I am taking steps to erase the SSD and start over, but MultiBeast seems to be the problem.

Questions:
What could have gone wrong with MultiBeast or anything else and how do I fix this issue? And how necessary is MultiBeast if I can't fix this?
I then follow the post-install steps and use MutliBeast Sierra edition 9.0.1 to make the SSD fully bootable (don't fully understand this step. Seems the computer could work fine. Just following the directions).
To understand Multibeast's functions in Hackintosh more clearly, we will have to step back a little and think through what happens to the HDD/SSD when the USB Installer uses Disk Utility and later starts the installation process.

The DU, partitions the designated disk in GUID scheme and creates an EFI partition, System Partition, and a Recovery Partition. Then DU Formats the System and Recovery Partitions in MacOS extended (Journaled) and copies required System files to the Formatted partitions.

Although the USB Installer has a EFI Partition that has the CLOVER EFI bootloader, during the installation, that CLOVER is NOT transferred to the corresponding EFI of the SSD or HDD .

Thus, the end product of USB Installer Run is a disk with System files but WITHOUT a CLOVER bootloader. The System disk may also lack all the kexts a fully working System needs to function as a Mac Computer which the USB Installer does not need. The USB installer does not boot all the way to the desktop, its target when fully functional is to reach the Installation Screen and enable the opening of Utilities folder and then initiate Installation routine on a Target Hard disk.

What Multibeast does is to help convert the 'half baked' System disk to a functional Mac System disk. It helps to install Clover EFI either in UEFI or Legacy Mode giving that choice for us to make, point its menu regarding Kexts (the most common ones on most Boards but not all the kexts on all the boards just like other OSes like Windows or Linux do with different MoBo and devices), provide menu to choose for "System Definitions" ( Mac Models and versions Ex: iMac 14,2 the most user friendly for Sierra) and some (but NOT all ) Graphics configurations.

With regard to kexts to the System, Unibeast USB Installer might have already installed some of the kexts required by your Specific MoBo but not necessarily ALL required ones. Even those kexts already there , if you let Multibeast install them again, NO harm occurs; the previously installed kexts will be backed up and the same kext will be installed.

Now, if Multibeast does all the right things , why should we have problem booting after MB run?
  • Multibeast is a Smorgasbord; it is for the users to decide what to pick for their hardware from the offered menu.
    • If the choices are all OK> The System will boot and function OK ; if not, problem can occur and more troubleshoot or course corrections may be needed.
  • The CLOVER Folder created by Multibeast in the EFI folder of EFI partition of the SSD has a special file config.plist that plays a great role as to how the System will behave from Clover Boot Manager Screen to the Login Screen and Desktop.
    • The User has to take a look of Config.plist created by M.Beast and edit if needed to make it function properly. This is the step missed by those who find booting problem after MBeast.
    • Immediately after MB install the disk may not boot all by itself even when it has Clover. This is because its config.plist is not made to use the kexts and configurations required to use the on-board and added devices properly to reach the Login screen.
    • You may still have to use the USB installer one more time to reach CBM screen and then once on the Desktop, mount the EFI partition of the System disk and open its CLOVER and find and edit config.plist similar to a perfectly working USB installer's config.plist.
    • In some cases some motherboards (like some AsRock) have problems with MBeast that require additional steps.
  • For all the above to work OK, you should have set your BIOS options appropriate for macOS booting.
    • If problem in boot occurs, ALWAYS recheck BIOS setup before going downstream troubleshoot
  • I suggest you to upload to this Forum your CLOVER folder from the System Disk.

Here are the config.plist files for my USB and my SSD "Sierra". I had to use CC Classic since my OS is too old for Vibrant.

Also, As far as I know, my BIOS is correct. I will upload pictures if needed.

Attachments

• Sierra config.plist.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 126
  • USB config.plist.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 135
Here are the config.plist files for my USB and my SSD "Sierra". I had to use CC Classic since my OS is too old for Vibrant.

Also, As far as I know, my BIOS is correct. I will upload pictures if needed.

• I have reviewed the uploaded images.
  • I am uploading 4 screenshots with editing 2 from each.
  • Please compare images marked 2 A and 2B which are Config.plist_System Parameters -in CCV of Sierra USB and Sierra System disk

Attachments

• 1A.AaronSierraUSBCplistinCCV.png
    1A.AaronSierraUSBCplistinCCV.png
    306.7 KB · Views: 379
  • 1B.AaoronSierraSystemDiskconfigplist-CCV.png
    1B.AaoronSierraSystemDiskconfigplist-CCV.png
    289.4 KB · Views: 390
  • 2.B.AaronSierraSystemDisk-config.plist_System Parameters.png
    2.B.AaronSierraSystemDisk-config.plist_System Parameters.png
    313.4 KB · Views: 377
  • 2.A.AaronSierraUSBDisk-config.plist_System Parameters.png
    2.A.AaronSierraUSBDisk-config.plist_System Parameters.png
    310.6 KB · Views: 325
  • Please compare images marked 2 A and 2B which are Config.plist_System Parameters -in CCV of Sierra USB and Sierra System disk
i used unibeast to install os and in post installation i am using clover 4173 ->install uefi->install clover -->driver64 -->fixdrv

after booting from clover it is showing only apple icon and rebooting

i am using z170x gaming 7 motherbord and gtx 1060 what kext should i use??????

i used unibeast to install os and in post installation i am using clover 4173 ->install uefi->install clover -->driver64 -->fixdrv

after booting from clover it is showing only apple icon and rebooting

i am using z170x gaming 7 motherbord and gtx 1060 what kext should i use??????

Please start your own new thread with the Computer Problem you are getting on the Motherboard,GFX and the macOS Sierra Version you are trying to install as the Title of your post if searching this forum and elsewhere doesn't help you to find answers for your query about your system.That will also avoid confusion to the OP and readers who are trying to help from the 'cross -talk' and 'noise' created by this kind of interjections.

I compared the uploaded pictures and checked "Verbose" on both and the "NvideaWeb" on the system Disk. It did not seem there was anything else you were suggesting I change. It is still getting stuck when trying to boot from the system disk. Have not had the chance to test the USB, with the System Disk plugged in or by itself. Here are pictures of the last messages on the screen before it freezes if that helps. I will recheck my BIOS settings again.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 180
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 163
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 178
i started using multibeast 9.2

will intel graphics work for z170 motherbords ??

having similar problem what is what options did you select in multibeast

uefi --> misc?? --> graphics ?? -->>>

I compared the uploaded pictures and checked "Verbose" on both and the "NvideaWeb" on the system Disk. It did not seem there was anything else you were suggesting I change. It is still getting stuck when trying to boot from the system disk. Have not had the chance to test the USB, with the System Disk plugged in or by itself. Here are pictures of the last messages on the screen before it freezes if that helps. I will recheck my BIOS settings again.

This is a problem with iTunes support for internal/onboard graphics. iTunes uses the power of the graphics card to decrypt DRM protected music/media. The DRMStatus error comes about when the onboard graphics or your graphics card is not supported for DRM decryption.

The good news is that your system can run OSX if you get this error. The bad news is that this error makes the system needlessly hang at startup.

The solution that worked for me was to purchase an inexpensive graphics card (GeForce GT 640), but any card from the list in the Buyer’s Guide should fix this problem. I also disabled the onboard graphics (in my case Intel HD2500 on an i3 chip) in the BIOS and set the new graphics card to the default video output.

Other people have had success by waiting for newer versions of OSX to support their hardware. For example, HD4000 was not initially supported until apple built systems with these chipsets.
[PARTIAL SOLUTION]
I found this as a solution for the freezing following the above instructions. The verbose boot option revealed the error code: 8877652. Now I can get to the desktop from the the native HD!

Currently however, the graphics are a little glitchy and I cannot get any programs to work with the internet, though I do see to be logged onto internet. If this is a known problem, please advise.

UPDATE
[Partially Solved]

My computer was not seeing the NVidiaWeb driver. I followed these steps: May need to emulate native NVRAM - Problem 6

Wifi still not working

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back