Graphics
Nvidia 460GTX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
having setup sierra on my hackintosh (i5, nvidia 650gtx, ga-h61m-d2-b3) everything works except intermediate operation of imessage (and sleep has issues but I do not mind - I disabled it).

sometimes contacts are blue and I can send/receive.. other times they are green and I can see what I send from my iPhone but their responses do not show on hackintosh.

other times contacts are green and I cant send or receive imessages.

I also successfully enabled SMS forwarding from iphone to hackintosh using the code shown on hackintosh when the iphone settings/SMS forwarding enable switch is swiped.

Why is imessage half working? I have followed all instructions to the letter.

br,
g

EDIT: I have a feeling I placed this thread in the wrong forum... please excuse my ignorance and move it to the right place if it is not a lot of trouble.

having setup sierra on my hackintosh (i5, nvidia 650gtx, ga-h61m-d2-b3) everything works except intermediate operation of imessage (and sleep has issues but I do not mind - I disabled it).

sometimes contacts are blue and I can send/receive.. other times they are green and I can see what I send from my iPhone but their responses do not show on hackintosh.

other times contacts are green and I cant send or receive imessages.

I also successfully enabled SMS forwarding from iphone to hackintosh using the code shown on hackintosh when the iphone settings/SMS forwarding enable switch is swiped.

Why is imessage half working? I have followed all instructions to the letter.

br,
g

EDIT: I have a feeling I placed this thread in the wrong forum... please excuse my ignorance and move it to the right place if it is not a lot of trouble.
I don't really have any one-shot solution but I have some ideas. First, if Apple's iMessage service is down, and you send to a contact, it'll automatically retry using standard SMS. It's possible you're seeing blue when iMessage is up and green when it's down. You would have to notice when a message that went blue earlier is now going green and check Apple's service status page to see if maybe there's an iCloud outage that might be affecting you.

Next would be to look in the console and see if there are messages being generated (Console.app).

Third would be just to double-check that your SMBIOS, serial number, and other variables are set properly and surviving reboots properly. There is "an idiot's guide to iMessage" (An iDiot's Guide To iMessage) on this forum that I used. In particular, you want to make sure your serial number gets the exact right message at checkcoverage.apple.com and on everyman.com. That thread has directions on how to reset your hack and try again, in case you signed into iCloud before properly setting up your serial number and so on.

Finally make sure you're signed into iCloud *and* that in Messages, in preferences, under accounts tab, that your iCloud account (with the description iCloud) is enabled. On my hack I was having trouble getting iMessage to work until I noticed that in preferences my iCloud account wasn't enabled. I enabled it, and then I got the "new computer is using iMessage and facetime" message on my various other devices.

Good luck.

Thanks for the tip. Had the same problem that i couldnt send normal sms. But i forgot to enable it on the iphone.

hi @aol,

thank you for your detailed answer.

I am using clover with set SMBIOS configuration which gives me the same values everytime.. I have checked this in "About this Mac" and also in terminal: ioreg -lw0 | grep PlatformUUID

I will also check what you suggested about imessage servers being up. Have not done that in the past...

Regarding my iCloud settings I've signed in to everything (icloud, imessage, facetime, etc)and ticked all boxes, too..

What I noticed is that after a contact messages me back it becomes blue in imessage (was green before) - as if apple servers do a "trust" check.. Also a contact that appears green becomes blue after I send them a normal SMS from the imessage app on the hackintosh.

I also noticed that when I first setup the hackintosh the confirmation code for iphone SMS forwarding would not show when I flipped the switch on the iphone settings. It did after a while and after I iMessaged myself (all other contacts were green or red at that time - my number was the only blue one). After that things got better with the small issues I have mentioned already.

My macbook shows all my contacts blue all the time (this should/could verify that the server is up at the time).

Last observation: I had a small imessage chat with a friend tonight on my iPhone. When I got home the whole conversation appeared on the hackintosh but the contact was now showing green. I sent him a new message - it went through as normal SMS but when he started replying (I show the three dots) he became blue and we continued as iMessage from there on.

take care guys - maybe others with Sierra could share their imessage success stories.. not too many of them around at the moment...

I've tried and everything seems to work. But may failures will occure. Haven't tried a full conversation yet. I recieved and sent sms and facetime calls on my hackintosh.

here is an example of a conversation - some messages would go through, some others sent as SMS and a few would only go through via iPhone... the weird thing is that yesterday I had a full and long conversation with this particular contact via hackintosh.

Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 12.03.57.png

Wow that's bananas. Never seen anything like that. Just to be thorough, you're not re-using a serial number (or rom or mlb or anything) from another computer?? You came up with known unique values for SMUUID, serial number, and so on?

no my values are all made up.

I used the magic wand to generate serial, and I checked it with apple's website to be invalid - but also with the other mac site to be valid for my chosen model (14,2). Then for rom I used mac address 0 and set it as persistent (copied the value and used that in the box) and MLB is one calculated by Clover... SMUUID generated randomly by terminal - I also use a persistent BSN (BoardSerialNumber) in Clover BSN value box.

we are talking about some serious bananas right?

@aol seriously without your input and questions I wouldn't have done it.

it was in front of my all the time but I was CONVINCED that my MLB was correct - it wasn't. I double checked and I had used the one given by Clover after all - I googled it and it was all over the place LOL. That of course was the culprit. I changed everything from the beginning - new serial, SMUUID etc, new MLB and now guess what... it f...in works! Before that I made sure I erased my Hacks (I got two) from appleid site, I reset iMessage settings, logged out from iCloud, iMessage and Facetime.

fellow members please avoid my example and double check your settings.

many thanks to @aol for his patience and persistence. dude you rock.

@aol seriously without your input and questions I wouldn't have done it.

it was in front of my all the time but I was CONVINCED that my MLB was correct - it wasn't. I double checked and I had used the one given by Clover after all - I googled it and it was all over the place LOL. That of course was the culprit. I changed everything from the beginning - new serial, SMUUID etc, new MLB and now guess what... it f...in works! Before that I made sure I erased my Hacks (I got two) from appleid site, I reset iMessage settings, logged out from iCloud, iMessage and Facetime.

fellow members please avoid my example and double check your settings.

many thanks to @aol for his patience and persistence. dude you rock.
Ha man no problem, glad to help, the folks here have helped me too many times to count with indirect and direct help and advice.
Glad messages is working for you now! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back