Contribute
Register

Sierra - How To Determine If Graphics Acceleration is Working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
For Sierra installation how do I determine if Graphics Acceleration is correctly working?
IF Not What are first things to try that might fix?

I am using internal GRAPHICS of GA-Z87X-U5DH motherboard.

Last edited:
For Sierra installation how do I determine if Graphics Acceleration is correctly working?

open the chess game and move the pieces around, if it judders then it is not working

also look at the dock, if it has transparency, then it is working

If QE/CI isn't enabled then the UI/Graphics will be laggy. First thing id recommend doing is injecting ig-platform-id which is 0x0d220003 for Desktop HD 4600. Recommend implementing IGPU Powermanagement also.

open the chess game and move the pieces around, if it judders then it is not working

also look at the dock, if it has transparency, then it is working

Thanks for the info:
I got a strange response when I checked Chess. A white square covered most of the chess board and was only cleared when I forced the shutdown of Chess. My dock is very transparent however. Does that mean yes there is Acceleration or no there isn't Acceleration or is it saying it can't decide?

If QE/CI isn't enabled then the UI/Graphics will be laggy. First thing id recommend doing is injecting ig-platform-id which is 0x0d220003 for Desktop HD 4600. Recommend implementing IGPU Powermanagement also.

I injected the ID on ig-platform-id using Clover Configurator. I looked at implementing IGPU Power Management. It seems that required a complicated set of changes or... did I misunderstand?

As I replied to @feartech, I got a strange response checkin g the chess app but the dock was unmistakably transparent.
Is there a third test for acceleration to break the tie?

I injected the ID on ig-platform-id using Clover Configurator. I looked at implementing IGPU Power Management. It seems that required a complicated set of changes or... did I misunderstand?

As I replied to @feartech, I got a strange response checkin g the chess app but the dock was unmistakably transparent.
Is there a third test for acceleration to break the tie?

Without any Problem Reporting Files i can't say much. Attach Clover Folder with Themes removed along with ioreg ZIP attach. Patching ACPI is simple with Clover. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Without any Problem Reporting Files i can't say much. Attach Clover Folder with Themes removed along with ioreg ZIP attach. Patching ACPI is simple with Clover. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com
Thanks- I will post with those files attached so someone can advise me on graphics acceleration. I hope I send the RIGHT CLOVER file.

OBW: Which parameters do I check under ACPI using Clover Config to make the power change you recommended.

Thanks- I will post with those files attached so someone can advise me on graphics acceleration. I hope I send the RIGHT CLOVER file.

Nothing attached.

I need to read & understand the right way to send the output of IORegistry... I am 79 It takes me a bit longer.
WHEN I POST for real, I will attach the files. Thanks for you help so far.

Open ioreg & (Save Copy As) attach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back