i7
Graphics
Asus GTX 1080 Ti Founder's edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all. Been using Sierra happily with no major problems (just couldn't sleep) for a year. Just followed the instructions to upgrade to High Sierra and have a couple of problems.

First the good news: you guys rock. The 1080 Ti works great, and the new driver is a bit quicker and better than the Sierra one.

Now, my problems:
1. My audio device (Realtek 1150)has disappeared. But I can't fix this because:
2. Clover bootloader works, but Clover Configurator can't save, and nor can MultiBeast. Multibeast helpfully shows me that I can only save to my NVMe Scratchpad disk, not my main SSD. Even then, it errors out during the save.
3. My SSD was converted to APFS but my NVMe SSD wasn't. This doesn't bother me, just an observation.

My big worry is audio. I tried using the guides here to fix it, but with the apps not working in unexpected ways, I'm just stuck.

I'm a bit stuck because I did this as a really low budget way to build a work computer as I work from home, and I'm basically out of work until I get audio working! A lack of foresight on my part...

*grins*

Help? :D

PS: There's no High Sierra tag yet. I can't create it.

Hi all. Been using Sierra happily with no major problems (just couldn't sleep) for a year. Just followed the instructions to upgrade to High Sierra and have a couple of problems.

First the good news: you guys rock. The 1080 Ti works great, and the new driver is a bit quicker and better than the Sierra one.

Now, my problems:
1. My audio device (Realtek 1150)has disappeared. But I can't fix this because:
2. Clover bootloader works, but Clover Configurator can't save, and nor can MultiBeast. Multibeast helpfully shows me that I can only save to my NVMe Scratchpad disk, not my main SSD. Even then, it errors out during the save.
3. My SSD was converted to APFS but my NVMe SSD wasn't. This doesn't bother me, just an observation.

My big worry is audio. I tried using the guides here to fix it, but with the apps not working in unexpected ways, I'm just stuck.

I'm a bit stuck because I did this as a really low budget way to build a work computer as I work from home, and I'm basically out of work until I get audio working! A lack of foresight on my part...

*grins*

Help? :D

PS: There's no High Sierra tag yet. I can't create it.

As a temporary measure the Sabrient USB audio adapter work set great for $15-$20 on Amazon. Check out this sites buyers guide and scroll till you find it or a better one if it’s listed. This will get you by until you figure out a fix.

Clover bootloader menu screen has HDA reset option, you might try that and also fix sound in ACPI menu in the DSDT fixes section.

I did this and it made no difference. I've ordered the sabrent USB adaptor to get me going.

I think I'll order another SSD next paycheck and do a fresh High Sierra install on that from scratch so everything's clean, then just move everything over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back